2009 CHASE REWIND * Kahne started the 2009 Chase sixth in driver standings. Busch started the Chase eighth in the standings. * Busch race results: Loudon (6th), Dover (5th), Kansas (11th), Fontana (8th), Lowe's (10th), Martinsville 17th, ...
2009 CHASE REWIND
* Kahne started the 2009 Chase sixth in driver standings. Busch started the Chase eighth in the standings.
* Busch race results: Loudon (6th), Dover (5th), Kansas (11th), Fontana (8th), Lowe's (10th), Martinsville 17th, Talladega (30th). He is currently sixth in driver standings.
* Kahne race results: Loudon (38th), Dover (8th), Kansas (sixth), Fontana (34th), Lowe's (3rd), Martinsville (32nd) and Talladega (2nd). He is currently ninth in the Chase standings.
* Engine problem relegates Kahne to 38th at Loudon.
* Busch trails leader Jimmie Johnson by 312 points. Kahne is 414 points behind the leader.
THE CHASE --KURT BUSCH AT TEXAS
* Dickies 500: Qualified: 3rd
* Texas career starts: 13
* Texas career wins: 0
* Texas career top 5s: 1
* Texas career top 10s: 8
* Busch was the 2004 Sprint Cup champion.
* Busch is making his fourth Chase appearance and second driving a Dodge.
* Busch's best finish at Texas (fourth) came in 2001 during his rookie season in the Sprint Cup Series.
* Average start at Texas: 18.3 Average finish: 14.8
THE CHASE -- KASEY KAHNE AT TEXAS
* Dickies 500: Qualified: 2nd
* Texas career starts: 10
* Texas career wins: 1
* Texas career top 5s: 2
* Texas career top 10s: 2
* Kahne won six races in 2006 en route to his only previous berth in the Chase. He finished eighth in the final standings.
* Kahne's won the Texas spring event in 2006, starting from the pole and leading 63 laps en route to victory.
* Average start at Texas: 12.9 Average finish: 21.9
THEY SAID IT
Kasey Kahne, No. 9 Budweiser Dodge Charger
"We're running the R6. They had the latest version at Charlotte and that's when I started to run well again. We ran the R5 for a little bit. We ran the R6 back in Charlotte; it was awesome in Charlotte and good again today. I'm looking forward to this weekend. We've made some really nice gains in our engine shop here the last few months."
Kurt Busch, No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger
"What we're hoping with Brad (Keselowski) is that he jumps into the 12 car, competes in the top 15, top 10 and brings in a good bit of information from the outside. It will be interesting to see how we filter through that information and see how we're able to apply that to our cars."
-credit: dodge motorsports