DAVID GILLILAND, YATES RACING No. 38 CitiFinancial Ford Fusion David Gilliland on Texas: "Our whole team is incredibly excited to head to Texas this weekend. We're taking the same car that we last drove at Charlotte just a few weeks ago and...
DAVID GILLILAND, YATES RACING
No. 38 CitiFinancial Ford Fusion
David Gilliland on Texas:
"Our whole team is incredibly excited to head to Texas this weekend. We're taking the same car that we last drove at Charlotte just a few weeks ago and we've raced this car a bunch of times this season already. We feel very confident about the car and how well it has performed so far this season. Texas is one of the fastest tracks we race at and the fans are great and always supportive of us every time we're in town. The groove at Texas isn't as wide as it is at some of the other tracks so we have limited lines to drive. One of the biggest challenges for me at Texas are the small bumps where the tunnel goes under the track after Turn 1 and that's always one of the keys that I focus on is making sure that I have my car handling well through the turns and those bumps. We're happy to have CitiFinancial on board our No. 38 Ford this week and we're looking for another solid finish at a track I really enjoy racing at."
Crew chief Cully Barraclough on Texas:
"We're bringing a car that we just recently ran at Charlotte to Texas this weekend. The reason we're doing this after just a few weeks after racing it is that we've been very pleased with how this chassis has performed at various other 1.5-mile tracks this season. We look for a car that gets us the speeds we need at the specific tracks we visit, as well as one that handles the way that David (Gilliland) needs it to. The keys for us this weekend will be to unload off the truck and see how we are initially in race trim. Once we're able to judge how our car handles, then we'll switch over to qualifying trim so that we can get a better sense of the speeds we can get up to. Texas is always a great track to visit throughout the season, and with it being one of David's favorite tracks, our goal is to make sure we achieve a solid finish for this CitiFinancial team."
NOTES OF INTEREST:
* Gilliland will sign autographs at the Ford Racing merchandise trailer on Sunday, November 2nd at 10:30 a.m.
* Lance Hanna, Rear Tire Carrier for the No. 38 team, is originally from Weatherford, TX and is a graduate of Weatherford High School where he participated in football and power lifting
* Gilliland has an average starting position of 28.0 and an average finish of 20.8 at Texas
* Gilliland has completed 1,338 of 1,346 career laps at Texas (99.4 percent)
* Gilliland's best start at Texas is from seventh which he accomplished in the 2006 Dickies 500
* Gilliland's best finish at Texas came in the 2008 Samsung 500 where he finished 15th
Chassis #509 is the chassis the No. 38 CitiFinancial team will be running this weekend for the Dickies 500 at Texas Motor Speedway. This is the same chassis the team last ran at Charlotte in October and finished 25th.