Target Team Facts: * Seeing Red Again: The Target Dodge will be back to its familiar red and white colors this weekend at Texas Motor Speedway. The No. 41 Dodge had been pink and white in honor of the Breast Cancer Research...
Target Team Facts:
* Seeing Red Again: The Target Dodge will be back to its familiar red and white colors this weekend at Texas Motor Speedway. The No. 41 Dodge had been pink and white in honor of the Breast Cancer Research Foundation during the month of October.
* Texas: Determination, teamwork and great pit stops earned the No. 41 team a top-five finish at Texas Motor Speedway in April. Mears piloted a back-up Dodge, after blowing a right-front tire in practice, to a fourth-place finish to tie his career-best effort. Mears has accumulated one-top five and two top-10 finishes in three starts at the 1.5-mile track in the Lone Star State.
* New Addition: Jimmy Elledge will return to his crew chief duties this weekend after leaving Atlanta to be with his wife Kelley as she gave birth to their second daughter Kennedy Grace on Saturday. Kennedy weighed 7 pounds, 12 ounces and was 19 ¼ inches long.
* Testing: The Target team participated in a two-day test at Homestead-Miami Speedway in preparation for the season finale. The team was originally slated to test last week, but hurricane Wilma prevented them from doing so while the facility was being cleaned up and repaired.
* Standings: Mears and the Target team moved back up to 24th in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series standings following their 21st-place effort last weekend in Atlanta.
* Making a difference: Mears, Target and Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates hope their efforts will make a difference in the lives of those affected by breast cancer. In the group's October racing initiative for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, they have raised money for the foundation through the sales of special pink racing products, the auction of Mears' pink racing helmet worn during the five races in October and the hood from the No. 41 Target Dodge that was driven at Talladega.
* Chassis: Crew chief Elledge and the Target team are back with chassis #206. Mears drove this chassis last weekend in his roller coaster ride of a day at Atlanta Motor Speedway. This chassis recently finished sixth at Charlotte and had an eighth-place effort at Kansas one week prior. This chassis will be making its 10th appearance of the 2005 season. Mears drove this chassis to two other top-10 finishes this year, a sixth-place finish at Indianapolis and a ninth-place finish at Chicagoland.
Casey Mears Quotes:
On Texas: "I like the big, fast tracks like Texas, Charlotte and Atlanta. I would consider Texas one of my favorite tracks on the circuit. It's a lot of fun and the greatest sensation of speed we get anywhere. We ran really well during the month of October, and especially at the bigger tracks. I'm extremely excited and optimistic about this race, if Atlanta and Charlotte were any indication we have a great opportunity to run well and finish up front this weekend in the Target Dodge."