Carl Edwards on racing at Texas Motor Speedway: "Texas has been one of my best race tracks the last couple years. In the spring we were leading the race and ended up having a little trouble on pit road during the last stop. I felt like myself,...
Carl Edwards on racing at Texas Motor Speedway:
"Texas has been one of my best race tracks the last couple years. In the spring we were leading the race and ended up having a little trouble on pit road during the last stop. I felt like myself, Greg (Biffle) and Matt (Kenseth) were all in a position to win that race. I'm real excited about going back because I feel like it's one of our strongest race tracks. It's a special place to me for a number of reasons, but I think that our record at Texas over the years is better than any other track we go to, so I'm real excited about going there and going for the win."
Crew chief Bob Osborne on racing at Texas Motor Speedway:
"I'm really looking forward to racing at Texas. We were able to sweep both races there last year, and we had a strong run this spring. Texas is a great track for Carl, and it really seems to suit his driving style. His record there is very impressive and I'm hoping we can add to those stats this weekend. We're taking a different car than the raced there in the spring, but hopefully this one will be just as good, if not better. It would be great to get a win before the season ends, and I think Texas is one of our best chances."
* Carl Edwards will make his 10th NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start at Texas Motor Speedway this weekend in the Dickies 500.J
* FOR THE RECORD... Edwards has accumulated three wins at the 1.5-mile Texas track, the most of any active Sprint Cup driver, and is the only driver to win both the spring and the fall races in the same season.
* Edwards' average NSCS start at Texas is 18.2; his average finish is 13.4.
* IN THE LOOP... According to NASCAR's Loop Statistics, Edwards ranks first in laps led with 476 in the past nine races. He has also turned 260 of the track's fastest laps over the past nine races at Texas, which ranks him second behind RFR teammate Greg Biffle.
* REWIND 2008... Edwards was able to rebound from a disappointing starting position to pick up the win at Texas Motor Speedway in November 2008, giving him the sweep of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races there. It was the first time a driver has accomplished the feat, and it gives Edwards the most wins at the 1.5-mile speedway with three victories.
* ON THE TRACK...The No. 99 Aflac team will be unloading chassis No. RK-587 at Texas this weekend. This Ford Fusion last raced at Richmond in September.
* Edwards is currently 10th in Sprint Cup point standings. He trails the leader, Jimmie Johnson, by 437 points.