Bobby Labonte: "We weren't happy with our performance at Atlanta last weekend. The car was just never in the track. Texas is very similar to Atlanta, just with a little more grip. Normally we would take setups that are very close to each other...
"We weren't happy with our performance at Atlanta last weekend. The car was just never in the track. Texas is very similar to Atlanta, just with a little more grip. Normally we would take setups that are very close to each other to these tracks, but we are going with something else for Texas. Our engineering department has a lot of good ideas and they have been working well with our crew chiefs to develop some fresh setups that we can use at Texas and Homestead"
"I always look forward to going back to Texas. Being from Corpus Christi, I have a lot of fans in the Lone Star State. I can't wait for the day that we can get to victory lane there. The track is so similar to Charlotte and Atlanta and I love both of those places. I think it's just a matter of time before we break into the win column. We've had good cars at Texas and we've run well there in several races, but we're still looking for that first win. This weekend would be a great time to pick that up."
"When this season started I never thought I would take part in any cooking shows, but after Saturday I will have two under my belt. I took part in one at Dover early in the year, and it was fun, but I'm really looking forward to the Asphalt Chef competition on Saturday night. Tim Love and I are going to take this thing, as long as we are cooking something with chicken in it. That's about all that I eat."
* Labonte is tied for the most poles at TMS with two; he started from the point position in both 2003 and 2004.
* In 15 events at Texas Motor Speedway, Labonte has scored three top-5 and five top-10 finishes. His most recent top-10 came in the 'spring' race of 2006; it was his first time competing in his home state under the Petty Enterprises banner.
* Labonte consistently qualifies well at TMS. His average starting position there is 11.8 and he has only started outside the top-15 on four of his 14 visits to the venue.
* Of a possible 5,020 laps at Texas, Labonte has completed 4,644 (92.5%) including 59 laps led. His average finish at the track is 20.3.
* Labonte will be part of the Asphalt Chef cooking competition with Rachael Ray, Mario Batalli and Tim Love on Saturday night at 6:30 PM in the TMS Lone Star Tower Condo clubhouse.