Casey Mears and No. 41 Fujifilm Dodge Target Team Facts: * Special Paint Scheme: Don't adjust the colors on that camera! The No. 41 will be adorned with the unmistakable green and white of Fujifilm for the...
Casey Mears and No. 41 Fujifilm Dodge
Target Team Facts:
* Special Paint Scheme: Don't adjust the colors on that camera! The No. 41 will be adorned with the unmistakable green and white of Fujifilm for the Samsung/Radio Shack 500 this weekend. Mears hopes to pilot the No. 41 Fujifilm Dodge to his first top-five finish of his NASCAR NEXTEL Cup career.
* Championship Standings: The Target Team slipped in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup standings to 23rd after their 36th-place finish at Bristol. However, they sit just 121 points out of the NASCAR Top 10. Mears and the team were 31st in the standings after Bristol in 2003.
* Texas Facts: Mears has only competed in one NEXTEL Cup event at Texas Motor Speedway. He qualified the Target Dodge 26th and finished 27th in 2003.
* Chassis: Crew chief Jimmy Elledge and the Target Team are bringing their most successful car this season to Texas. This is the third time they will run chassis #402 which earned Mears a career-best finish of seventh at Las Vegas Motor Speedway and ran at the head of the pack for 37 laps at Atlanta before losing a motor.
* He's driving what? Mears will pilot the Fujifilm Blimp above the 1.5-mile Texas Motor Speedway on Thursday. The Fujifilm Blimp is over 200-feet long and weighs close to 8 tons, making it the second largest blimp in the world.
Casey Mears Quotes:
On Texas... "I can't wait to get to Texas," said Mears. "I truly believe that we have a car that can sit on the pole and contend for the win. This car was so fast at Las Vegas and Atlanta that we should be able to at least reproduce those performances, if not improve on them. We've had competitive equipment for every race this year and Texas should be no different."
On the No. 41 Fujifilm Dodge... "Fujifilm has been a great sponsor to work with since I started my NEXTEL Cup career," said Mears. "They are extremely supportive of this team and our entire program. It's an honor to run the Fujifilm paint scheme and to be associated with a company of their caliber."
Jimmy Elledge Quotes:
"We have a great flat track program this year, so we are really looking forward to Texas," said Elledge. "Casey has really stepped up to the plate at these tracks and I feel our team has a great handle on them. The three teams are working so well together right now, that the set-ups in the cars are very similar. All three cars ran extremely well in Atlanta and we expect the same this weekend at Texas."