Carl Edwards on racing at Texas Motor Speedway: "We've had a lot of success at Texas. It's a fun race track and it's a blast to go there. The fans are great and the paycheck when you win is huge. It's just a fun place to win races. We had a good...
Carl Edwards on racing at Texas Motor Speedway:
"We've had a lot of success at Texas. It's a fun race track and it's a blast to go there. The fans are great and the paycheck when you win is huge. It's just a fun place to win races. We had a good run there a year ago, so hopefully we can take our Scotts Ford Fusion to Victory Lane."
Crew chief Bob Osborne on racing at Texas Motor Speedway:
"Carl has had quite a bit of success at Texas over the years and we hope to add to those statistics this weekend. We're taking the same car we raced at Las Vegas earlier this season. We've certainly made some improvements in our performance in the last few races and we've climbed our way back from 20th in the point standings after Atlanta all the way up to eighth. We need to continue that momentum this weekend in Texas and keep working toward the win this team needs."
* Carl Edwards will make his 10th NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start at Texas Motor Speedway this weekend in the Samsung Mobile 500.
* FOR THE RECORD... Edwards has accumulated three wins at the 1.5-mile Texas track, the most of any active Sprint Cup driver, and is the only driver to win both the spring and the fall races in the same season.
* Edwards' average NSCS start at Texas is 17th; his average finish is 16th.
* IN THE LOOP... According to NASCAR's Loop Statistics, Edwards ranks first in laps led with 476 in the past 10 races. He has also turned 266 of the track's fastest laps over the past 10 races at Texas, which is a series best.
* REWIND APRIL, 2009... Edwards suffered a disappointing day after working to correct the loose handling conditions. The team hit on something on a lap 250 pit stop and by lap 296 the Aflac Ford was leading the race and appeared to be in strong contention for the win. On the final trip down pit road a slip-up cost the team significantly and Edwards fell from first to 11th with only 26 laps remaining in competition and finished 10th.
* ON THE TRACK...The No. 99 team will be unloading chassis No. RK-565 at Texas this weekend. This Ford Fusion most recently raced at Las Vegas in February where it started and finished 12th. It will carry the Scotts Turf Builder paint scheme for the fourth of six Scotts races this season.
* POINTS REBOUND...Edwards is currently eighth in Sprint Cup point standings. He gained six positions in the points after his seventh-place finish at Phoenix last weekend.