Sterling Marlin, No. 40 Coors Light Dodge No. 40 TEAM FACTS: * Chassis: The Coors Light team will race chassis ...
Sterling Marlin, No. 40 Coors Light Dodge
No. 40 TEAM FACTS:
* Chassis: The Coors Light team will race chassis #211 at Talladega Superspeedway this weekend. This is the same car that Bill Elliott drove in the Shootout at Daytona in February.
* Last Spring at Talladega: Marlin's bid for a top-10 finish at the 2.6-mile track of Talladega Superspeedway went flat on lap 146 when the left-rear tire went down, and the team discovered a hole in the radiator. The team was relegated to a 30th-place finish.
* The Best at Talladega: Marlin has competed in 43 races at Talladega Superspeedway. He has visited victory lane twice, and piloted the Coors Light Dodge to 16 top-10 finishes.
* Restrictor Plate Racing: In 68 starts at restrictor-plate tracks, Marlin has scored five victories and 33 top-10 finishes.
* NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points standings: Marlin slipped three spots in The Chase for the NEXTEL Cup after his 26th-place finish last weekend in Phoenix. Marlin currently sits ninth in the championship points standings, just 292 points behind the leader and 11 points behind eighth place.
* What a Difference a Year Makes: Just one year ago Marlin was sitting 14th in the points standings. He had piloted his Coors Light Dodge to two top-five and three top-10 finishes. So far in 2005, Marlin is ninth in the points standings and he has one top-five and three top-10 finishes.