* Talladega's Toyota...The No. 22 Caterpillar Toyota Dave Blaney is scheduled to drive in the Aaron's 499 is chassis No. 93. This is the same Camry Mike Skinner drove during Speedweeks earlier this season. * What Happened Last week...Blaney was...
* Talladega's Toyota...The No. 22 Caterpillar Toyota Dave Blaney is scheduled to drive in the Aaron's 499 is chassis No. 93. This is the same Camry Mike Skinner drove during Speedweeks earlier this season.
* What Happened Last week...Blaney was the highest qualifying Toyota driver (11th) last weekend at Phoenix International Raceway. Blaney remained in the top 25 for most of the event before being hit from behind while trying to make his way onto pit road late in the race. The contact propelled the Cat car into the wall and out of the event.
* Blaney's Career Stats...Blaney will make his 244th career NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series start when the green flag waves Saturday evening. He made his first career Cup Series start in October 1992 at [Rockingham] North Carolina Speedway and finished 30th after qualifying 16th for his first Cup Series start at Talladega Superspeedway in 2000. Like this weekend, Blaney was aboard a Bill Davis Racing-owned machine.
* Blaney at Talladega...Blaney has made 13 starts on the 2.66-mile oval during his Cup Series career, starting as high as eighth (2005) and finishing as high as 15th (2005). He has scored four top-20 finishes in Cup Series competition at Talladega and has qualified in the top 10 once.
* BDR at Talladega...Competitors driving Bill Davis Racing-owned cars have been racing at the Talladega, Ala., track since 1993 and have made 36 starts. Those drivers have posted one top five finish, five top-10 finishes and have completed 6,240 of 6,723 possible laps (92.8 percent).
* Points Position...Blaney and his No. 22 team fell to the 39th spot in the owners' point standings after last week's event. They now stand 89 markers outside the top 35.
* Bring Your Sharpie...Blaney will sign autographs at the Caterpillar souvenir trailer Sunday morning. Stop by the Cat souvenir trailer or visit www.daveblaney.com for updates and additional information.
* Blaney's Busch Battle...Blaney remains in the second spot in the Busch Series drivers' point standings. He will attempt to gain ground on the leader again this week during the Aaron's 312 Saturday afternoon. Blaney has made two Busch Series starts at the speedway and has qualified in the top seven on both occasions.
Dave Blaney on Talladega Superspeedway..."We know we've got a good car and a good motor heading into Talladega, so we think we're in pretty good shape. This Cat Racing team will give it everything we've got and hopefully that will be enough to make the show. It's not a good feeling going to a place like Talladega and not being guaranteed a spot in the field, but that's the hand we've been dealt, and we'll just go out there and make the most of it. I think we'll be OK."