KASEY KAHNE QUOTES "Talladega can be a fun place as long as you stay out of trouble. It's always a fun race with a lot of exciting, close action. You can be three or four wide with the field all in one pack for the whole race. It's pretty...
KASEY KAHNE QUOTES
"Talladega can be a fun place as long as you stay out of trouble. It's always a fun race with a lot of exciting, close action. You can be three or four wide with the field all in one pack for the whole race. It's pretty exciting. I like Talladega. I like all the three and four wide racing with everybody in a pack. It's exciting and fun -- as long as you make it through the wrecks and don't get caught up in any of the trouble.
"I didn't test there in the Dodge Charger but Bill Elliott did and it went pretty good. We tested Daytona and ran there and feel like the new Dodge Charger is a lot better than what we had last year."
STATS & FACTS
KASEY KAHNE AT TALLADEGA
* This weekend will mark Kahne's third NASCAR Nextel Cup Series start at Talladega Superspeedway. Kahne finished 27th and 30th in the spring and fall 2004 races, respectively. He earned his best start of 23rd in the October race.
GOING AND GOING
* Kasey is among eight active drivers that have been running at the finish of all the races they've competed in at Talladega.
KAHNE RUNS THE "LONGEST YARD"
* This weekend, Kahne will sport some additional firepower on his No. 9 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge Charger -- that of Adam Sandler, Chris Rock and Burt Reynolds, stars of the new Paramount Pictures comedy "The Longest Yard," which opens nationally on Memorial Day weekend. Kahne, a fan of Sandler classics like "Happy Gilmore" and "The Wedding Singer," will carry the star's latest movie on the hood of his Dodge Charger to promote the comedy. The No. 9 Dodge will feature a distinctive black and yellow paint scheme with footballs and prison cell bars.
FASTEST AT TESTING
* Kahne's No. 9 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge Charger posted the fastest practice time during a two-day NASCAR Nextel Cup test session at Infineon Raceway. Kahne toured the 10-turn, 1.99-mile road course in 1 minute, 16.32 seconds [93.868mph] on Wednesday, April 20.
* Kahne's 20th place finish at Phoenix International Raceway helped him move up three places to 20th in the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series point standings. He is only 102 points away from breaking into the top 15 and 150 points away from getting into the top 10.
* Kahne passed 33 cars for position in this month's Martinsville race. He moved from 35th to finish second. The number of positions gained in a single race (33) is a Cup Series career-high for Kahne.