Jimmy Spencer Target Chip Ganassi Racing With Felix Sabates ...
Target Chip Ganassi Racing With Felix Sabates
#41 Target Dodge Intrepid R/T
Talladega Superspeedway, 2.66-mile tri-oval
Qualifying: April 19, 2002
Race: April 21, 2002
Television: FOX race coverage begins at 1:30 p.m. EDT
Radio: MRN race coverage begins at 1:30 p.m. EDT
Race begins at 2 p.m. EDT
TEAM TARGET FACTS
* Talladega: In 24 starts at Talladega Superspeedway, Spencer has seven top-5 and eleven top-10 finishes. He has no poles and one win at the track. His best start and finish came in July 1994 when he started outside of the pole and won the race.
* The 1994 DieHard 500 at Talladega was the last time Spencer has visited Victory Lane. Spencer was driving for Junior Johnson at the time and won the only two races of his Winston Cup career in that year (1994) - Pepsi 400 at Daytona and DieHard 500 at Talladega.
* Team Target will take car #210 to Talladega this weekend. Car #210 has not yet raced in 2002; it was the secondary test car in Daytona but it didn't test well. Crew chief Doug Randolph said, "This car has a new outlook on life. We put a new body on it and the backup car."
* Spencer's second place finish at Bristol was his first second place finish since 1999. Team Target has scored two top-10 finishes in a row (Bristol and Texas).
* Rear tire changer, Randy Cox, will turn 30 years old on Saturday, April 20th.