HAVOLINE TEAM FACTS: * Chassis: The Havoline team will race chassis ...
HAVOLINE TEAM FACTS:
* Chassis: The Havoline team will race chassis #212. This is the same speedway car McMurray raced in the Daytona 500 earlier this season.
* McMurray made his NASCAR Winston Cup Series debut last fall at Talladega Superspeedway, subbing for the injured Sterling Marlin in the No. 40 Dodge.
* McMurray heads into this weekend looking to carry on the famous legacy started by the Alabama Gang's Davey Allison in the Havoline car at Talladega Superspeedway.
* McMurray and the Havoline team come to Talladega 21st in NASCAR Winston Cup Series points and currently lead the Raybestos Rookie-of-the-Year standings.
* McMurray posted his second top-10 finish of 2003 last weekend at Texas Motor Speedway, finishing 10th. He is the only NASCAR Raybestos Rookie-of-the-Year contender to score two top-10 finishes in 2003. He has been the highest finishing rookie twice this season.
JAMIE MCMURRAY QUOTES:
"Talladega is one of those places that you can expect the unexpected. There always seem to be 'The Big One' there, and if you can avoid the big wreck, you'll be able to get a good finish. Unfortunately, I've raced there three times and have been caught up in wrecks two of those times."
"It will also be cool to come back to the place where I made my first Winston Cup start. It's wild when I look back at where it started for me in Winston Cup and how my life has changed so much since then."
"It's also pretty neat when I think about having the opportunity to drive the Havoline Dodge at Talladega. There are still a lot of race fans from Alabama that see the Havoline car as Davey's (Allison), and that car has always had a big fan following in Alabama. I feel honored to be able to carry on that legacy."
"We're taking the same car to Talladega that we ran in the Daytona 500. We've worked on our bodies since Daytona, and I think we should be in good shape this weekend at Talladega."