FAST FACTS * In nine visits to the 2.66-mile speedway, Jamie McMurray has posted three top-10 finishes, with two of those finishes in the top five. * McMurray boasts an average starting position of 13.4 - sixth best among active drivers with...
* In nine visits to the 2.66-mile speedway, Jamie McMurray has posted three top-10 finishes, with two of those finishes in the top five.
* McMurray boasts an average starting position of 13.4 - sixth best among active drivers with four or more starts at Talladega Superspeedway. McMurray averages a 17.1 finishing position.
* Still Chasing - McMurray is currently listed in 12th place in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup point standings.
* To The Front - McMurray has led a total of 102 laps at Talladega; second best only to Lowe's Motor Speedway in his career.
* McMurray will run the No. 26 Sharp AQUOS/3M Vikuiti paint scheme for the first time this season. This is one of two races (Fontana - Sept.) in which McMurray will pilot this special paint scheme.
McMurray on racing at Talladega Superspeedway:
"Talladega has always been a pretty good track for me and our speedway car has always been fast since I've been at Roush Fenway Racing - it's one of the oldest cars that we have. It always runs well and seems to qualify really well, so I always look forward to going there. Talladega is one of those tracks where I know that we'll run well and if we can stay out of one of the wrecks that I know will happen, we'll have a good finish.
"Restrictor-plate racing is a lot of fun, if your car is fast. If you don't have a fast car, restrictor-plate racing can be pretty frustrating. Fortunately for me, our speedway car has been really fast every time that I've run it.
"Last week was frustrating for me and the No. 26 team. We had a good car, but had a lot of bad luck happen to us. Everything that happened was out of our control. Hopefully, we can run well this weekend at Talladega and make up the ground that we lost last weekend."
Crew Chief Larry Carter on racing at Talladega Superspeedway:
"Talladega is a track that Jamie runs really well at and we have a really good car under him for this weekend's race. We are taking the same car that we took to Daytona earlier this season which was caught in a wreck, late in the race. The guys at the body shop put a lot of work into restoring the chassis and hanging another good body on the car. Along with the great chassis, we also have a really strong engine from Roush-Yates engine shop. Those guys put a lot of work and time into the superspeedway engines, which pays off well at the track. After the few mishaps last weekend, the whole No. 26 team is ready to get back out there and gain back the points we lost. This weekend should be good for us."