COORS LIGHT TEAM FACTS: * Chassis: The Coors Light team will race chassis ...
COORS LIGHT TEAM FACTS:
* Chassis: The Coors Light team will race chassis #209 at Talladega this weekend. This is the first time this car is being used all season.
* Charity Event: The second annual Race for Charity event sponsored by Sterling Marlin and his fan club will be held at the Columbia State Community College on September 25th. The event will feature Marlin and his Ganassi teammate Casey Mears, as well as the Labonte brothers, Terry and Bobby. There will be an autograph session and auction with the proceeds going to The Hope House of Columbia.
* Talladega Facts: Sterling Marlin has posted 16 top-10 finishes, including two victories, in 40 races at Talladega. However, he has just four in the 14 races since he posted back-to-back victories in July 1995 and April 1996.
* Qualifying at Talladega: Sterling Marlin is one of five active drivers with multiple Bud Poles at Talladega-he has three.
* Restrictor plate racing: Sterling Marlin leads all active drivers 20 top-five and 32 top-10 finishes in restrictor plate racing.
* Testing: Sterling Marlin will be testing this Tuesday and Wednesday at Kansas Speedway.
* Fascinating Fact: Sterling Marlin's best finish in 2003 has been sixth-place, which he has done four times. Marlin has not secured a top-5 finish yet this season.
* Pigskin Picks: Check out "Totally NASCAR" on Friday's to see Sterling Marlin's pick for the Tennessee Volunteers games. Marlin, a Tennessee native and a football fan enjoys following the season of the Volunteers and the Titans.
* Cruisin' with Sterling Marlin and Coors Light: After Homestead-Miami Sterling will be celebrating the end of the 2003 Racing Season with a 4-day Caribbean cruise with his fans. For more information check out www.sterlingmarlincruise.com.