No. 40 TEAM FACTS: * Blue Collar TV: Marlin will appear on this Sunday's episode of Blue Collar TV. The weekly show airs on the WB Network at 9 p.m. EST. Marlin filmed his comedy sketch earlier this year at the show's set in...
No. 40 TEAM FACTS:
* Blue Collar TV: Marlin will appear on this Sunday's episode of Blue Collar TV. The weekly show airs on the WB Network at 9 p.m. EST. Marlin filmed his comedy sketch earlier this year at the show's set in Atlanta.
* Coors Going Camouflage: In August of 2005, Coors Brewing Company launched a truly unique, one-of-a-kind package, the camouflage can. The 2005 Coors and Coors Light Camouflage Can is the ideal beer container for the American outdoorsman. This packaging will be available in certain markets through November 2005. To further leverage the unique camouflage can, Coors Light will take the packaging to the track! The Coors Light No.40 car will be wrapped in the same camouflage pattern as the can for two of this fall's races at Talladega Superspeedway and Texas Motor Speedway. NASCAR fans-be sure to pick up a case of 16-ounce Coors/Coors Light camouflage cans to complete your racing experience.
* Chassis: The Coors Light team will race chassis #211 this weekend for the second race at Talladega. This chassis has only raced one other time this season at Talladega where it finished 34th after an accident.
* Testing 123: Marlin and the Coors Light crew are testing at Kansas Speedway in preparation for the Banquet 400 later this month.
* Talladega Turnaround: In 44 starts at Talladega Superspeedway, Marlin has 10 top-five and 16 top-10 finishes. His highest start is from the pole, which he has done three times all in the fall race, (1991, 1992, 1995) and he has won twice in the fall of 1995 and the spring of 1996.
* Earlier this Season at Talladega: Alabama was anything but sweet to Marlin and the Coors Light crew during the Aaron's 499 in the spring at Talladega Superspeedway. Marlin, who was able to run in the top 10 in the beginning of the 188-lap race, was caught up in a 25-car pileup on lap 132 and relegated to a 34th-place finish.
* NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points standings: Marlin dropped one spot to 29th position in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points standings after his engine woes this past weekend in Dover. The No. 40 Dodge, however, is 26th in owner points.