Budweiser Racing Team Notes of Interest * This weekend will mark Kasey Kahne's 10th career start at Talladega Superspeedway. * In nine starts at Talladega, Kahne has one top-five and one top-10 finish. * Kahne scored a career-best...
Budweiser Racing Team Notes of Interest
* This weekend will mark Kasey Kahne's 10th career start at Talladega Superspeedway.
* In nine starts at Talladega, Kahne has one top-five and one top-10 finish.
* Kahne scored a career-best second-place finish at Talladega in the fall of 2006.
* Kahne has led 13 laps at the 2.66-mile superspeedway.
* Kahne has an average start of 26th and an average finish of 20th at Talladega.
* Kahne is currently 14th in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver point standings. He trails 13th-place David Ragan by seven points.
Kahne discusses racing in the Amp Energy 500 at Talladega:
Describe racing at Talladega.
"I like racing at Talladega, but I hate wrecking there. It's so easy to get caught up in somebody else's mess, but that's part of racing at Talladega. If you're not in one of the wrecks, it's fun running that close together for 500 miles. It's a hectic, but exciting day. Anytime we go to Talladega I know it's going to be a wild race. There are some things that are out of my control, but I have to make sure that I take care of what I can and get the Budweiser Dodge to the finish, hopefully with a chance to win."
What are some keys to success at Talladega?
"Stay out of trouble -- that's what it's all about. Getting the car to draft well. As far as sucking up -- you can do a little bit here and there. It's all about the last couple of laps -- getting in the right line with the right drivers behind you. You just never know who they're going to be, but you try to make the right guess and hope that it all works out."
Is Talladega a track that you have grown to enjoy racing at?
"Yeah. My first two or three years it seemed like I was in every accident that there was on this track. The last couple of years we've been very consistent here. From packs of 15, 16 to 20 cars at the end of the race here, and we're always right in there."