McMurray on racing at Talladega Superspeedway: "Going to Talladega is always a race that I feel I can win each time we go there. It's also one of those tracks were your day can be ruined just as fast due to the high speeds we're running.
McMurray on racing at Talladega Superspeedway:
"Going to Talladega is always a race that I feel I can win each time we go there. It's also one of those tracks were your day can be ruined just as fast due to the high speeds we're running. Things happen in the blink of an eye and it's so easy to get caught up in a wreck. We had a great car for the race at Talladega earlier this season, but unfortunately we got wrecked out too early. I always look forward to drafting, so we'll just have to see how it all works out for us this weekend. Our restrictor-plate program at Roush Fenway has always been strong, and I expect the same this weekend at Talladega."
Crew chief Donnie Wingo on racing at Talladega Superspeedway:
"For racing at Talladega Superspeedway, you want to take the car in your fleet that has the most speed and what you believe is your most powerful engine. Talladega is all about having the speed to stay up front and also having a car that sucks up well when it's in the draft. Handling isn't as much of a focus at Talladega as it is at other tracks because the track is so wide that you have room to maneuver. We had a disappointing outing at Talladega earlier this year after we got caught up in a wreck early, so our goal is to stay out of trouble this time around."
* In his 14 career Cup series starts at Talladega, McMurray averages a 19.5 starting position and a 20.5 finishing position
* McMurray's best Cup series finish at Talladega is fifth which he has accomplished three times
* This weekend at Talladega, McMurray will pilot the No. 26 IRWIN MARATHON Ford Fusion
* McMurray has achieved three Top-five and four Top-10 finishes in his 14 career Cup series starts at Talladega Superspeedway
* Entering this weekend's race, McMurray is currently 22nd in the Sprint Cup driver point standings