2009 CHASE REWIND * Kahne started the 2009 Chase sixth in driver standings. Busch started the Chase eighth in the standings. * Busch race results: Loudon (6th), Dover (5th), Kansas (11th), Fontana (8th), Lowe's (10th), Martinsville 17th. He is...
2009 CHASE REWIND
* Kahne started the 2009 Chase sixth in driver standings. Busch started the Chase eighth in the standings.
* Busch race results: Loudon (6th), Dover (5th), Kansas (11th), Fontana (8th), Lowe's (10th), Martinsville 17th. He is currently sixth in driver standings.
* Kahne race results: Loudon (38th), Dover (8th), Kansas (sixth), Fontana (34th), Lowe's (3rd), Martinsville 32nd. He is currently 11th in the Chase standings.
* Busch trails leader Jimmie Johnson by 240 points. Kahne is 439 points behind the leader.
THE CHASE-- BUSCH AT TALLADEGA
* AMP Energy 500: Qualified: 6th
* Talladega career starts: 17
* Talladega career wins: 0
* Talladega career top 5s: 6
* Talladega career top 10s: 12
* Busch was the 2004 Sprint Cup champion.
* Busch is making his fourth Chase appearance and second driving a Dodge.
* Busch's best finish at Talladega is third-place which he has done four times (2001,'02,'06, '07).
* Average start at Talladega: 23.3 Average finish: 12.1
THE CHASE -- KAHNE AT TALLADEGA
* AMP Energy 500: Qualified: 11th
* Talladega career starts: 11
* Talladega career wins: 0
* Talladega career top 5s: 1
* Talladega career top 10s: 1
* Kahne won six races in 2006 en route to his only previous berth in the Chase He finished eighth in the final standings.
* Kahne's best finish at Talladega came in 2006 when he finished second.
* Average start at Lowe's: 28.4 Average finish: 23.5
DID YOU KNOW
* Dodge has three wins at Talladega Superspeedway (R. Brickhouse -1969, Richard Petty -1974, D. Marcis -1976).
* Busch ranks second in points earned in restrictor-plate races in 2009. He is the only driver to score top-10 finishes in all three restrictor-plate races in 2009.
* Dodge has earned one pole at TMS since returning to Cup Series in 2001 (Stacy Compton -- 2001).
* Busch is looking to extend a three-race streak of restrictor-plate top-10 finishes.
* Busch has a 12.12 average finish in 17 races at Talladega, leading all active drivers with more than one start.
THEY SAID IT
Kurt Busch, No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger
"I don't know what driver first called it a high-speed chess match, but that's a pretty good analogy and I've always thought of the competition that way. It's like you come down to the finish looking to be among the lead pack. Then it comes down to making your strategic moves out there while, at the same time, anticipating the next moves of all the guys around you."
Kasey Kahne, No. 9 Budweiser Dodge Charger
"To me, it's a challenge to be in the right spot at the right time, especially when some of our cars have been really slow at these tracks, others have been pretty decent. To figure out how to still get a top 15 or top 10 to me is always the challenge. I like it."
-credit: dodge motorsports