* This Week's Charger... The No. 12 Penske Dodge team and driver David Stremme will use chassis PRS-626 during Sunday's 500-mile NASCAR Cup Series restrictor-plate event. PRS-626 is a brand new car to the No.12 Penske Dodge fleet. * Come and See...
* This Week's Charger... The No. 12 Penske Dodge team and driver David Stremme will use chassis PRS-626 during Sunday's 500-mile NASCAR Cup Series restrictor-plate event. PRS-626 is a brand new car to the No.12 Penske Dodge fleet.
* Come and See Me... Stremme will sign autographs at the Dodge Motorsports display on Saturday, October 31 at 9:30 a.m. CST. The Dodge Motorsports display is located behind the frontstretch at Talladega Superspeedway.
* Top-10 Result... Stremme has posted one top-10 finish at the 2.66-mile Talladega Superspeedway. The 32-year-old driver finished eighth in the spring race at Talladega in 2008.
* Penske Power... In 74 starts at Talladega Superspeedway, Penske Racing has accumulated 10 top-five and 23 top-10 finishes. The organization has also captured one pole position at the venue. Since the spring race of 2004, Penske Racing has accumulated 10 top-10 finishes at the 2.66-mile track.
* A Qualified Success... Stremme has found a little magic when it comes to qualifying. Since the Labor Day weekend event in Atlanta, Stremme has an average starting position of 16.0. He only has two starts outside the top-20 in the eight-race stretch.
David Stremme on driving at Talladega Superspeedway
"Talladega is a great track. I love going there. It is a place where you can run three- and four-wide all day. The guys on the No.12 car have really made a lot of gains on our superspeedway program and I am looking forward to this weekend. We had a great car in the summer race at Daytona, but were taken out in a wreck before the finish. I know we will have a great car, we just need to keep ourselves in position to fight for the win in the last 10 laps. You have to be patient at these types of tracks. You do not want to put yourself in a position where you might get taken out. Early in the race, I am going take care of my car and not try and take many chances. The final segment is when you have to take chances and get your car to the front."
Crew chief Roy McCauley on racing at Talladega Superspeedway
"Talladega is a place where having teammates really gives you an advantage. We have two great teammates in Kurt [Busch] and Sam [Hornish Jr.]. Our plan is for the three of us to push each other to the front of the field. We know we have to avoid the 'big one' and keep our nose clean all day. David [Stremme] really impressed me in Daytona. He has a great sense of the draft and where he needs to be on the track. We just know we have to take care of our equipment and make it to the last lap and then race for the win. Last year, we had our first Penske Racing one-two finish at Daytona. I am hoping for another one at Talladega this weekend."