Elliott Sadler eyes Talladega Superspeedway. "That was one of the hardest hits I have take in a long time and I'm alright so it shows a lot about the safety of these cars." Elliott Sadler on a scary crash in ...
Elliott Sadler eyes Talladega Superspeedway.
"That was one of the hardest hits I have take in a long time and
I'm alright so it shows a lot about the safety of these
Elliott Sadler on a scary crash in Texas..
VIEW FROM THE DRIVER'S SEAT WITH ELLIOTT SADLER:
"Talladega is one of the most nerve wracking experiences for a driver. We are all running 190 plus mph for three hours two inches from each other's bumpers. There is always a chance for someone to make a mistake and when that happens at Talladega it's always big. Hopefully all of us drivers can keep our heads in the game for the whole time. I can't wait to try out that Robert Yates horsepower combined with an awesome speedway body on the "M&M's" car. It's going to be fun. What some people don't know is the banking at Talladega is like six stories high -- when we round the corner I can look to my left and see the roofs on campers in the infield."
VIEW FROM THE PIT BOX FROM CREW CHIEF RAYMOND FOX III:
"It would be nice for the weather to cooperate this weekend in Talladega so we can finish out a restrictor-plate race. We had a great car in Daytona, but the rain cut us short from showing what we had. I think our restrictor-plate package is pretty good and Elliott will do well for us."
VIEW FROM ABOVE THE TRACK FROM SPOTTER BRETT GRIFFIN:
"If there's a wild card race on the schedule I would say Talladega is it. As a spotter it looks like all 43 cars seem to run on top of each other during the entire race. Sometimes we have no cautions and sometimes we have tons. The viewpoint from the roof at Talladega is amazing."
"M&M's"® RACING BITS AND PIECES...
- Elliott Sadler will make his 150th NASCAR Winston Cup Series start at Martinsville Speedway on April 13th.
- Sadler led a race high 91 laps before a crash on lap 167 took him out of contention.
- Sadler Fan Appreciation Day will take place from 1:00-6:00pm on April 30th at Sadler Auto Center (500 block of North Main, Emporia, VA). There will be free hot dogs and drinks and other refreshments as well as door prizes and a souvenir trailer. Hermie and Elliott will be holding an autograph and question/answer session from 3:00-6:00pm!
- Crew Chief Raymond Fox, III's grandfather, legendary engine builder Ray Fox, Sr., will be inducted into the International Motorsports Hall of Fame at Talladega on Thursday, April 3rd. The Class of 2003 consists of three builders and two racers. A.J. Watson, Ray Fox and Briggs Cunningham earned their inclusion by fabricating top-notch race cars.
FIND ALL GOLD: M&M's is a sponsor of the 2003 Special Olympics Team USA. M&M's® Brand support helps athletes and coaches train for and compete in the 2003 World Summer Games in Dublin, Ireland. Collect specially-marked "M&M's"® Brand wrappers and send in the entire wrapper containing a Special Olympics non-winning game symbol to this address and "M&M's"® Brand will donate 50 cents for each wrapper received.
M&M's ® Brand Special Olympics
Keep Wrappers to Keep Dreams Alive PO Box 5074 Blair, NE 68009-5074
- TALLADEGA -- Weather permitting Elliott will sign autographs at the souvenir trailer after qualifying on Friday.