* Labonte scored TRG Motorsports' first top-10 finish as a Cup team in last Fall's race at Talladega and has 34 starts at the track. In that time, he's garnered one win, six top-5's and 13 top-10's. * The new spoiler will make its superspeedway...
* Labonte scored TRG Motorsports' first top-10 finish as a Cup team in last Fall's race at Talladega and has 34 starts at the track. In that time, he's garnered one win, six top-5's and 13 top-10's.
* The new spoiler will make its superspeedway debut on the 2.66-mile circuit at Talladega.
* TaxSlayer.com returns this week as Labonte's primary sponsor.
* This TaxSlayer.com No. 71 Chevrolet, chassis number 219, will be making its first appearance on-track for TRG Motorsports.
Behind the Wheel with Bobby Labonte
"The Texas race really gave us our first look at how the car reacts in a draft and with the full field with the spoiler. At Talladega, you're running wide open for 500 miles so I'm anxious to see how the car will feel with the spoiler once the entire field gets together and gets a good draft going."
"We're taking a car to Talladega that we haven't had on-track, so I'm hoping we'll be able to find the right balance with it. We've struggled quite a bit with that this year, and Doug (Randolph) has been throwing everything he can at these cars but we just haven't finalized something we're comfortable with yet. I was able to get TRG's first top-10 at Talladega last Fall, so I'm definitely ready to have another finish like that this Spring."
"You always have to worry about the 'big one' at Talladega and Daytona, but I think we're safer than we've ever been with these cars. It's something that you just have to put out of your mind, strap in and get the job done. And hopefully at the end of the day you're taking your car back home in one piece."
From the Box -- Doug Randolph
"Talladega is a track that really equalizes the field because of the restrictor plate. Once the car is up to full speed, it's up to the driver to get out there and make the most of the draft. Sometimes that works in your favor, and sometimes it doesn't, but with Bobby behind the wheel, I'm hoping this we'll have the odds fall in our favor, come out with a good finish and avoid the big one."
From the Owner -- Kevin Buckler
"I'm really looking forward to going back to Talladega this weekend. It is such a special place in NASCAR history and for me as an owner because that's where Bobby drove the No. 71 to the team's first top-10 in the Cup series. There's a good chance for success at a superspeedway and we have always been good here but sometimes it's luck of the draw. We're ready to get out there and have another strong run for our partners at TaxSlayer.com and to show that team is here to stay."
-source: trg motorsports