Bobby Labonte on racing at Talladega Superspeedway in the Aaron's 499: "I am so excited to get back to racing this weekend. We really struggled at the last two races in the No. 96 Ask.com Ford and I'm ready to bounce back this weekend in ...
Bobby Labonte on racing at Talladega Superspeedway in the Aaron's 499:
"I am so excited to get back to racing this weekend. We really struggled at the last two races in the No. 96 Ask.com Ford and I'm ready to bounce back this weekend in Talladega. Back in '98 I won the pole and went on to win the race there. Either one of those scenarios would work ok for me this weekend!
"We've got to get back to racing competitively and get this car a solid finish this weekend. We've lost some footing in the points and it's time to start chipping away and gain a few spots. I know we have the resources to be better than we've been on a consistent basis so far this year and I've got faith in these guys that we'll get the job done."
* The Aaron's 499 will be Labonte's 555st start in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.
* Labonte has one win, six top-five and 12 top-10 finishes at the 2.66-mile tri-oval.
* Labonte began on the pole and won this race in 1998 -- then the DieHard 500.
* In 5,971 possible laps, Labonte has led 153 and has completed in 5,659 -- a 94.8 percent consistency.
* At speedways larger than 2 miles, Labonte has 163 starts and has won eight times, received eight pole awards and finished in the top-10 55 times.
Bobby Labonte -- Appearances
- Ask.com Merchandise Hauler Autograph Session -- Saturday, April 25th -- Visit the merchandise hauler in the fan zone to learn more.