Terry Labonte: "Sonoma has always been one of my favorite race tracks. It comes at just the right time on the schedule. You start getting into a grind after the 600 at Lowe's. Sonoma gives you a little bit of a jolt. I hope we keep both of the...
"Sonoma has always been one of my favorite race tracks. It comes at just the right time on the schedule. You start getting into a grind after the 600 at Lowe's. Sonoma gives you a little bit of a jolt. I hope we keep both of the road courses on the schedule because we are losing a lot of our unique race tracks. Road course racing is definitely unique. It's some of the most fun you can have racing because you're constantly working the steering wheel."
"Both the 43 and 45 teams went to the Virginia International Raceway earlier in the month to get ready for the road courses. I was happy with how the test went and I think we definitely learned a few things that will help us this weekend. We should be able go out to Sonoma and run competitively. I ran this race last year, so I'm familiar with the new car and how it drives on road courses."
"Road course racing remains one of my favorite racing disciplines. I'm fortunate that I've had success on all of the road courses that I've competed on. The third-place finish that I got at Sonoma two years ago was one of the brighter highlights of my last few seasons of racing. I never worried about the teams that brought in road course 'ringers'. That's how you have to look at it. You can't let them intimidate you. If you do, you have already given up too much."
* Terry Labonte is a two-time Winston Cup Champion, topping the points standings in both 1984 and 1996. He and his brother, Bobby, are the only brothers to both win the Cup Series championship.
* Labonte's best finish in Sonoma is second, which he scored in 1992; he has finished third at the track on three occasions.
* In his 19 starts at Infineon Raceway, Labonte has scored a total of six top-5s and eight top-10s. His most recent top-10 at the track came in 2006 when he finished third after starting 37th.
* Labonte has scored one pole at the road course, which occurred in 1996. He has started within the top-10 a total of 10 times.
* Of a possible 1,774 laps at Infineon, Labonte has completed 1,646 of 1,774 (92.8%). His average start there is 15.8 and average finish is 18.9.