FAST FACTS * Matt Kenseth's nine top-five finishes lead all drivers in 2006. * Kenseth's average starting spot in 2006 is 15.7, currently the best in his seven year Cup career. His single-season best is 17.0 in 2005 and his career average...
* Matt Kenseth's nine top-five finishes lead all drivers in 2006.
* Kenseth's average starting spot in 2006 is 15.7, currently the best in his seven year Cup career. His single-season best is 17.0 in 2005 and his career average is 21.4.
* Kenseth's average finish in 2006 is 8.9, also currently the best average in his Cup career. His single-season best is 10.4 during his 2003 Championship Season. His career average is 15.5.
* Infineon Raceway is the only track that Kenseth has yet to score a top-10 finish during his Cup career. He has scored at least one top-10 finish at 22 of 23 tracks (including Rockingham).
* Kenseth's average finish at Infineon Raceway is 22.8; second only to Homestead as the worst average finish during his career.
Kenseth on racing at Infineon Raceway:
"Sonoma has not been good to us over the years. I thought last season, we were finally going to break through and score at least a top 10. We had a good car and thought we were going to be able to pick up some spots at the end because the leaders would have to pit for fuel. But, they got a caution and were able to conserve fuel and we ended up just outside the top 10. I'm looking forward to this weekend. We've ran good at nearly every track and even when we haven't had a car capable of winning, we've been fortunate enough to run inside the top 10 for most of the year. Hopefully we can score our first ever top 10 at Sonoma this weekend."
Crew Chief Robbie Reiser on racing at Infineon Raceway:
"It wasn't long ago where we kind of dreaded coming to a road course. But, a couple of years ago, we started putting more emphasis on our road course program and I think it's paid off. Maybe we haven't had the results to prove it, but we were much more competitive last year at Sears Point (Infineon) and Watkins Glen than we have been in the past. We were in position to pick up two top 10s last year at the road courses but we had some trouble in the pits at the Glen and just didn't get a long green flag run like we needed at the end of the race at Sonoma. We're bringing the same car this year that we ran both road courses last year. It was good to us last year and we're thinking it should be good to us this year."