Budweiser Racing Team Notes of Interest * This weekend will mark Kasey Kahne's sixth career start at Infineon Raceway. * Kahne posted his best finish of 23rd at Infineon in June of 2007. * Kahne scored the pole at Infineon in 2008...
Budweiser Racing Team Notes of Interest
* This weekend will mark Kasey Kahne's sixth career start at Infineon Raceway.
* Kahne posted his best finish of 23rd at Infineon in June of 2007.
* Kahne scored the pole at Infineon in 2008 and has an average start of 14th at the road course.
* The Budweiser Team recently tested at Road Atlanta in preparation for this weekend's Save Mart 350.
* Kahne is in 15th, 91 points outside the coveted 12th-place position in the NASCAR championship driver point standings.
* Kahne will be available for interviews with the motorsports media during his open interview session on Friday, June 19 at the Budweiser hauler at approximately 11:15 a.m. PDT.
Kahne Discusses Racing in the Save Mart 350 at Infineon:
You have mentioned that road course racing has been frustrating for you. "Road course racing has been tough for me. We've qualified well and run some good laps at times. We just don't finish the races where we want to finish the races. That's a big part of the whole year and being in the Chase is running well at those tracks. I need to step it up on the road courses for sure and do more than just qualify well, we need to race up-front."
With the double file restart in Infineon, do you want the inside or outside line? "I've seen it both ways there on the start of the race because the pole sitter gets to choose which line he wants. Having the leader be able to choose is a big part of it because the leader should be in control; regardless of single-file or double-file. The leader should be in control of the race. So for (the leader) to choose it's a good spot to be in."
What will it take to get a good finish at Infineon? "I like the challenge the road course presents. It's tough mentally and physically on the driver. I just need to stay focused and keep the racecar on the course the entire race. The key to a good finish at Infineon is staying on course and good pit strategy. We just need to run up front and get in position to challenge for the win. We've gotten a little better with our road-course program, but more importantly, I think I've got a better feel for that type of racing as I get more experience."