HAVOLINE TEAM FACTS: * Chassis: The Havoline team will race chassis ...
HAVOLINE TEAM FACTS:
* Chassis: The Havoline team will race chassis #310. This is a brand new road course car that the team tested with at Infineon Raceway back in April.
* McMurray is making his NASCAR Winston Cup Series debut at Infineon Raceway. He has one previous NASCAR road course start at Watkins Glen International in June 2001 in NASCAR Busch Series competition. McMurray finished 14th in the race after qualifying 13th.
* McMurray is looking for a strong showing at Infineon Raceway in front of his hometown sponsor. ChevronTexaco is based in nearby San Ramon, Calif.
* McMurray enters the Dodge / Save Mart 350 22nd in NASCAR Winston Cup Series points and currently leads the Raybestos Rookie-of-the-Year standings.
* McMurray has posted two top-five, three top-10 and six top-15 finishes in the first 15 races of the 2003 NASCAR Winston Cup Series season.
JAMIE MCMURRAY QUOTES:
"I'm really looking forward to racing this weekend on a road course. It's not something I have a lot of experience with in a stock car, but we came out and tested at Sonoma back in April and had what I felt like was a pretty good test. If I can keep it on the course and stay out of the sand traps and kitty litter, I think we'll be in good shape."
"I really like driving on a road course. It's definitely different from what we usually do, but I like the challenge. Hopefully I'll still share those same thoughts after the race is over on Sunday."
"This weekend is also big for us because our sponsor, Havoline, is based in nearby San Ramon, Calif., so this is their home track and there will be a lot of guests in attendance for the race. And to add pressure, Ricky Rudd, who drove the Havoline car last year, won last year's race in Sonoma."
JAMIE MCMURRAY INFINEON RACEWAY STATS:
* NOTE: Jamie McMurray is making his first career start at Infineon Raceway.
DRIVER: Jamie McMurray
CREW CHIEF: Donnie Wingo
TEAM MANAGERS: Andy Graves, Tony Glover
Name Pit Crew Duty Shop Duty
Mike Brill Car Chief / Sign Board Car Chief Keith Mansch Front Tire Carrier Fabricator Billy Curwood Rear Tire Changer Assembly Andrew Carter Rear Tire Carrier N/A Mark Cass Jack Man Chassis Setup Dave Collins Front Tire Changer Fabricator Heath Silver Catch Can Man Assembly Ryan Quann Windshield Paint Shop Mike Bodick Gas Man Assembly Trevor Jackson Pit Support Shocks John Frattura Pit Support Test Team Aaron Larsen Pit Support Fabricator Bob Hannigan Pit Support Truck Driver Matt Gimble Engineer Engineer Keith Armstrong Pit Support Tire Specialist Brady Whitcamper Scorer Assembly Ray Hall Spotter Suspension Supervisor Bob Dell Engine Specialist Engine Tuner Al Shuford Trainer