McMurray on racing at Infineon Raceway: "I think the biggest challenge at road courses like Infineon is that you really have to make sure that you don't overdrive your car. With all the tight turns, and fighting your way through the narrow turns...
McMurray on racing at Infineon Raceway:
"I think the biggest challenge at road courses like Infineon is that you really have to make sure that you don't overdrive your car. With all the tight turns, and fighting your way through the narrow turns to make passes, it becomes pretty easy for drivers to overdrive their racecars and that can really put you at a disadvantage during the race. You need a good handling car to be successful at Infineon, and you also need to just run a smart race. Fuel mileage will be important this weekend as well because those who can conserve fuel, and make it until the end of the race, really do have a shot at winning there."
Crew chief Donnie Wingo on racing at Infineon Raceway:
"Jamie (McMurray) is pretty excited heading into this weekend because he is a very good road course racer and looks forward to racing at Infineon every year. Knowing how much he enjoys racing at the road courses, our IRWIN VISE-GRIP team will use our practice sessions to make sure that the car handles to Jamie's liking the best we can. Keys to this weekend will be to race the race track and to use smart pit strategy and fuel mileage. The best thing any driver can do is stay on the course because if you happen to veer off the course, it can really cost you, so we'll also make sure that we don't overdrive the car."
* In six starts at the 1.99-mile road course, Jamie McMurray has completed all but one lap (661 of 662 laps) of competition rate of 99.8 percent
* McMurray has an average starting position of 12.5 at Infineon, which is his best qualifying track on the Sprint Cup circuit
* This weekend at Infineon, McMurray will pilot the No. 26 IRWIN VISE-GRIP Ford Fusion which will also showcase the Skills USA logo on the decklid. Skills USA is a national organization serving students in the trade fields and IRWIN Industrial Tools provides construction tools to these students as they learn their trade and begin their careers
* In six starts at Infineon, McMurray has one Sprint Cup pole, one top-5 and one top-10 finishJ
* McMurray's best Cup series start at Infineon is from the pole which he achieved in 2007
* Entering the SaveMart 350, McMurray is currently 19th in the Sprint Cup driver point standings