* In five starts at the 1.99-mile road course, Jamie McMurray has completed all but one lap (549 of 550 laps) of competition. * Last year, McMurray won his third-career Sprint Cup pole at Infineon Raceway after edging out Robby...
* In five starts at the 1.99-mile road course, Jamie McMurray has completed all but one lap (549 of 550 laps) of competition.
* Last year, McMurray won his third-career Sprint Cup pole at Infineon Raceway after edging out Robby Gordon for the pole position.
* After leading 30 laps at Infineon in June 2007, McMurray and the No. 26 took a late-race fuel gamble that came up two laps short while leading the event.
* McMurray has an average starting position of 11.4 at Infineon, which is his best qualifying track on the Sprint Cup circuit.
Jamie McMurray -- No. 26 Crown Royal Ford Fusion
"Sonoma is a race that has been circled on my calendar all season long. Last year, I thought it was our race to win; we were so fast the entire day. When we took the fuel gamble late in the race, it was a big gamble that did not play out in our favor. I was so disappointed following that race. This past weekend in Michigan we faced the same issue late in the race -- take the gamble or come in and pit for a safe finish. We opted to come in, and it paid off with a top-10 finish for our Crown Royal team.
"Sonoma is one of my favorite tracks that we visit each year. Last year was so much fun after we won the pole, and then to run as well as we did, it was great. This weekend we have to focus on making sure the car is balanced throughout the course, make sure our brake package is where it needs to be and finally, we need to have good pit strategy. If we can make all of that happen, I think we'll have a great weekend at Sonoma for Crown Royal and all the guys on the No. 26 team."
Crew chief Larry Carter on racing at Infineon Raceway:
"We all know how important Sonoma is to Jamie and making sure we have the best car possible for him. We are taking the same car that we took to both Sonoma and Watkins Glen last year, and one that we feel is a pretty good Ford Fusion. We took this car down to Road Atlanta a few weeks ago to shake it down and work on a few different setup options. The last few weeks have been pretty good for the Crown Royal team. Last weekend, I felt like we were one of the top three cars in Michigan. Had the fuel strategy played out a little bit different, I really do feel we had a great shot at the win. Hopefully, we have put ourselves into place where we can go out this weekend and show everyone how strong this No. 26 Crown Royal team really is."