Edwards on racing at Infineon Raceway: "Bob Osborne and the rest of the Office Depot team have been doing a lot to help improve our road course program. We recently tested Road Atlanta to get in some practice on a road course and I think it has...
Edwards on racing at Infineon Raceway:
"Bob Osborne and the rest of the Office Depot team have been doing a lot to help improve our road course program. We recently tested Road Atlanta to get in some practice on a road course and I think it has helped. I don't come from that kind of racing background, but getting a few races under our belts has helped a lot."
"After our win last week at Michigan, our team is a lot more confident and we're looking to build on this momentum."
Crew Chief, Bob Osborne on racing at Infineon Raceway:
"Carl's only raced Sonoma twice, but has managed to pull off some pretty solid finishes there. We tested Road Atlanta a couple of weeks ago and were able to gather a lot of really good information, so hopefully we'll have a competitive car come Sunday."
"I am so proud of the hard work this Office Depot team has been doing over the past several weeks -- it's really paying off. Our win last week at Michigan was just what we needed to build momentum for the rest of the season."
* Carl Edwards will make his third NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series start at Infineon Raceway. In his two previous starts Edwards has achieved one top-10 finish
* Edwards best finish at Infineon is sixth place, captured in 2006
* Edwards ended his 52-race winless streak last weekend at Michigan International Speedway. The win came on Edwards' 100th NEXTEL Cup Series start.
* Edwards is currently sixth in NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series point standings with 1,905 points, 487 points behind leader, Jeff Gordon
* This weekend Edwards travels between Sonoma and Milwaukee to compete in both the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup and Busch Series events. Edwards currently leads the NASCAR Busch Series point standings with a commanding 701 points lead over second place.
* Office Depot Store No. 2377 from Chicago, Ill. is this week's sales winner and will ride along on the No. 99 at Infineon this weekend