Bobby Labonte: "I've always enjoyed going out to Sonoma for the first road course race of the season. We make our living racing in circles, but it's cool to turn right and left every once in a while. It's a nice change of pace. It doesn't hurt...
"I've always enjoyed going out to Sonoma for the first road course race of the season. We make our living racing in circles, but it's cool to turn right and left every once in a while. It's a nice change of pace. It doesn't hurt that the track is located in northern California either. The weather out there is awesome. The food is great. There is just a lot to look forward to when we go out to Sonoma."
"At our press conference last week we said that ramping up our test team was a major priority for us. It's a crucial part to every team's success. We tested at the Kentucky Speedway on Tuesday and Wednesday to get ready for the second half of the season. In basketball, people call you a 'gym rat' when you spend a lot of time working on your game, that's the same mentality we need for the test team. We need to constantly be on the track, in a wind tunnel or on a pull-down rig."
"These races aren't just an anomaly. They are important to the season. A good season can take a turn if you don't run well on the two road courses, so teams take them very seriously. You can see that NASCAR takes them seriously too. We're starting to see Nationwide Series races being run on road courses outside of the country. You never know. The Sprint Cup Series could be next on the list."
* Labonte has amassed two top-5s and five top-10s at Infineon Raceway.
* The driver's most recent top-10 at the track was in 2003 when he finished ninth.
* Labonte has started from within the top-10 positions at Sonoma four times, the most recent of which was in 2001 when he started fourth.
* Infineon Raceway is one of a handful of tracks where Bobby and his brother, Terry, have raced together as teammates. They did so in 2005.
* In 15 starts at Infineon, Labonte has completed 1,464 of 1,478 laps (99.1%). His average start at the road course is 19.1 and average finish is 17.2.