Sadler, Yates and M&M's announce 2003 plans

Brooklyn, MI (August 18) -- Robert Yates and driver Elliott Sadler announced this morning at the Michigan International Speedway that beginning in 2003, longtime NASCAR sponsor M&M's Chocolate Candies will jump on board. Sadler will be taking...

Brooklyn, MI (August 18) -- Robert Yates and driver Elliott Sadler announced this morning at the Michigan International Speedway that beginning in 2003, longtime NASCAR sponsor M&M's Chocolate Candies will jump on board.

Sadler will be taking over the ride vacated by veteran driver Ricky Rudd. Sadler will however, will be piloting the No. 38 rather than the 28. The 28's current crew chief, Michael McSwain will be back with Robert Yates Racing and continue his crew chief duties with Sadler and the 38.

After months of speculation, 27 year old Sadler said after many numerous nights minus sleep, he feels he can finally rest up. He also stressed that the deal was not in line at the time he asked for his release from the Wood Brothers earlier this season. He simply wanted to line up other options.

More times than none, both Yates and Sadler referred to the M&M's partnership as a "sweet deal." Yates, expressing his pleasure with the candy company jokingly said, "We've had this deal in our hands for a while and it hasn't melted yet," referring to M&M's longtime slogan.

Be part of something big

Write a comment
Show comments
About this article
Series NASCAR Cup
Drivers Robert Yates , Elliott Sadler
Teams Yates Racing