Â· Rockingham: In 33 starts at North Carolina Speedway, Marlin has scored 12 top-10 finishes. Â· Marlin will pilot car ...
· Rockingham: In 33 starts at North Carolina Speedway, Marlin has scored 12 top-10 finishes.
· Marlin will pilot car #109 at Rockingham. It’s the same car that raced at Bristol, Dover, and the second race at Rockingham in 2001.
· The Coors Light team will take a total of three engines to Rockingham. One primary, one backup and an alternate backup located in the backup car.
· Richard Petty posted the last Dodge victory at Rockingham in the spring of 1977.
· Felix Sabates has three car owner victories at North Carolina Speedway.
· Championship: Marlin finished eighth in the 2002 Daytona 500 and is currently ranked sixth in the NASCAR Winston Cup point standings.
Sterling Marlin, driver, No. 40 Coors Light Dodge:
“ Rockingham is a track you can race two or three deep on. You’ll see one car working good on the bottom, one in the middle and one against the wall. I always look forward to going racing there. I think it’s a neat track.”
Tony Glover, team manager, Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates:
“ The one engine rule goes into effect this weekend but I don’t think you’ll see much difference. The difference might come at Atlanta. As long as you watch the miles you put on your engine during practice, you will be ok for the race.”