Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates Sterling Marlin, No. 40 Coors Light Dodge Subway 400 -- North Carolina Speedway Advance No. 40 TEAM FACTS: * Chassis: Sterling Marlin and the Coors Light team will race chassis ...
Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates
Sterling Marlin, No. 40 Coors Light Dodge
Subway 400 -- North Carolina Speedway Advance
No. 40 TEAM FACTS:
* Chassis: Sterling Marlin and the Coors Light team will race chassis #303 at the Subway 400. This is the same car that raced at both Bristol races and the spring Rockingham race last season. The car finished 6th, 17th and 40th respectively.
* Rockingham Speedway: Marlin has never won at North Carolina Speedway but he has finished second twice, both of those finishes in the spring race at Rockingham (1994 and 2002).
* Qualifying at Rockingham: Marlin's highest qualifying effort at "the Rock" is fourth which he has done twice (1987 and 2003).
* Marlin Notes: Marlin starts the season in the 37th position after a multi-car accident last week at the Daytona 500. After starting out in the fourth position Marlin's day was cut short on lap 71 when he sustained damage in a multi-car accident.
* Don't forget to vote!: Currently fans have the opportunity to vote for one of three different No. 40 Prilosec OTC paint schemes, to be run later this season, on www.prilosecotc.com.
LEE McCALL, CREW CHIEF QUOTES:
What are your thoughts on the race this weekend?
"We always do well there; it is one of our favorite tracks to run because we feel comfortable there. We qualified fourth there last spring but we had a problem with our water pump. In the fall race we came all the way from the 31st position and we got a top-10 finish so we know we can run well there. The Coors Light team is looking forward to racing there this weekend and we are looking forward to making up some ground from last week."
How will the tires be a factor at Rockingham?
"Tires will most certainly be a factor this weekend," McCall stated. "The track is going to eat up the tires quickly, after five laps teams will be ready for new sets of tires. Rockingham is an abrasive track just like Darlington."
The Coors Light team is going to Rockingham 37th in the standings, what are your thoughts on that?
"This week will be a challenge to be able to show what this team is made of. It will also be our chance to bounce back and get back into title contention. Tony (Stewart) was 43rd after the Daytona 500 two years ago and he came back and won it. Daytona is one race and it won't count us out for the season."