Atwood looks to roll at the rock. Atwood comments on Rockingham "Rockingham has always been a pretty special place for me, because it's where I made my first Busch start in 1998. I've always ran good there; I love that race track. I've been ...
Atwood looks to roll at the rock.
Atwood comments on Rockingham
"Rockingham has always been a pretty special place for me, because it's where I made my first Busch start in 1998. I've always ran good there; I love that race track. I've been there probably more times than I've been anywhere. I've probably got more laps and experience there on that track than any other track on the circuit. I've tested there a few times and I've got a lot of laps around it, so I've got more experience there than anywhere and I just like it. When you like a place you go in there with a little bit more excitement.
"We ran good there the first time this year and got wrecked on the back straightaway. I feel good about the car we're taking. We had our best finish of the year with it (11th, Pocono), so maybe we can improve on that. We've run good at these kinds of tracks this season. And with Phoenix and Homestead coming up, I'm looking to finish the season on a high note."
ROCKINGHAM STATS & FACTS
* This will be Atwood's fourth Winston Cup Series visit to North Carolina Speedway, but his 10th visit overall.
* Earlier this season, Atwood started 20th and was showing progress on the track before being caught up in an on-track incident on lap 157. Atwood finished the race in 39th position, 112 laps down.
* In his first Winston Cup visit to The Rock in February 2001, Atwood improved on his 23rd place start to finish 18th on the day.
* During the fall race last year, after starting from the third spot, Atwood piloted his No. 19 Dodge Dealers Dodge to a 20th place finish.
* Atwood competed in six Busch Grand National races at Rockingham from 1998 to 2000. His top finish came in the 1999 ALLTEL 200, where he moved from a 14th place start to finish 5th.
Who: Casey Atwood
When: Saturday, November 2 at approximately 3 p.m., (immediately following the Busch Grand National Race)
Where: Sirius Satellite Radio Rhythm of the Road Tour
North Carolina Speedway