Reed Sorenson and the No. 41 Target Dodge Team Facts: * Ready for Richmond Return: Reed Sorenson and the Target team posted the fastest lap of 65 cars and 51 drivers at the NASCAR scheduled, two-day test session at RIR on April 3 & 4 with...
Reed Sorenson and the No. 41 Target Dodge Team Facts:
* Ready for Richmond Return: Reed Sorenson and the Target team posted the fastest lap of 65 cars and 51 drivers at the NASCAR scheduled, two-day test session at RIR on April 3 & 4 with a time of 21.913 sec/93.215 mph. That time was posted during the morning session of the second day. Sorenson was fast during the entire test, posting the third, ninth and fifth fastest times during the other three sessions.
Sorenson Quotes on Richmond: "The Target team has been looking forward to returning to Richmond since the test. We basically brought the car back, put it on four jack stands and covered it up until it was time to get it ready for this weekend. The car was strong right off the trailer and at times we were faster in race trim than a lot of guys were in qualifying trim. The Target team could use a good shot in the arm and we're all hoping a strong run at Richmond will be the medicine we've been looking for."
* Coming to Grips with the CoT: In an effort to get a firm grasp on the Car of Tomorrow (CoT), Sorenson along with No. 42 Texaco/Havoline crew chief Donnie Wingo and a CGRFS test team headed up to The Milwaukee Mile on Monday for two days of testing. Additionally, Sorenson and the No. 41 Target team will test the CoT with all of the NEXTEL Cup Series competitors during a NASCAR scheduled test at Dover on May 14 & 15. The following week, Sorenson and crew have plans to head to Gateway International for two more days of CoT testing.
* Happy Birthday: Target team front-tire changer Bobby Burrell will celebrate his 36th birthday this Friday, May 4. In addition to his race day duties, Burrell serves as a chassis engineer at the shop. This is his fourth year with CGRFS and prior to joining the team he worked with Robert Yates Racing, Hendrick Motorsports and DEI.
* Points Update: The Target team currently sits 29th in the overall standings headed into RIR. The team is 50 points out of 25th and 115 out of the top 20.
* Chassis: Crew chief Jimmy Elledge and the Target team have selected chassis #734 for the race at RIR. This is the same car the team finished 18th with at Martinsville on April 1 and the same car the team tested at RIR on April 3 & 4
* Be Sure to Tune In: The Crown Royal 400 is set to go green at 7:30 pm ET on Saturday. The race will air live on FOX, MRN radio and Sirius Satellite Radio channel 128 (Live, 7 pm ET).
* Come Play at CGRFS on Kid's Day: If you plan to be in the Charlotte, N.C., area the week leading up to the 600 at Lowe's Motor Speedway, be sure your kids don't miss out on their day at Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates (CGRFS) Wednesday, May 23. Kids ages 3 to 12 are invited to visit to the team's Concord race shop to get a behind-the-scenes look at the cars before they head to the track and learn more about the mechanics of racing with a special Tech Talk session. Scott Pruett, co-driver of the CGRFS No. 01 TELMEX Lexus-Riley Daytona Prototype in the Rolex Sports Car Series, will make a special appearance reading his three children's books, "Twelve Little Race Cars," "Twelve More Little Race Cars" and "Rookie Racer." Members of the CGRFS pit crews will demonstrate their pit stop techniques, too. Kids won't leave empty handed either, as they will get to make memories at the photo and craft station. Snacks and beverages will also be on the house! So, bring the kids to meet the 2004 Rolex Series Champion, the mechanics and pit crew members who make the CGRFS cars go full speed ahead and to see a side of racing they have never seen before. Space is limited, so call 1-866-888-6388 today to make your reservation. The green flag will wave promptly at 3:30 p.m. to begin the activities, so don't be late for this fun date! To learn more and keep up to pace on this event and further team updates, go to www.chipganassiracing.com.