* Kyle Busch enters Richmond sitting second in the Sprint Cup points standings, trailing by only 22 points. * Kyle won his second Cup race of the season last week in Talladega and his seventh race overall in NASCAR's top three series in ...
* Kyle Busch enters Richmond sitting second in the Sprint Cup points standings, trailing by only 22 points.
* Kyle won his second Cup race of the season last week in Talladega and his seventh race overall in NASCAR's top three series in 2008.
* Kyle Busch has an incredible five top-five finishes in six starts at Richmond.
* Kyle Busch has led a total of 292 laps in six starts, while completing all 2400 laps run in those same six starts.
With five top-fives in your previous six starts at Richmond, and the win last week at Talladega, do you feel like you're the favorite to bring home the trophy this weekend?
"Oh, I don't know. I guess some might say that. We've definitely had some good times here at Richmond. We've been able to lead some laps and have some really good finishes. Haven't quite pulled out a win yet, but it would be fun to do this weekend. We've got some new colors with the Pedigree car this weekend, so that would be awesome to bring home a win for another one of our sponsors. But we'll just have to wait and see what we've got when we unload the car. We're bringing the same car from Martinsville, with a few changes of course. Let's get through practice first and then we'll see where we are."
Got any plans to celebrate your birthday this weekend?
"Well I hope to be celebrating in victory lane on my birthday! That would be pretty cool. You know, we don't have anything too crazy planned really, just racing all weekend. Hopefully we can take a breather here soon in the next couple of weeks and slow down a little bit to celebrate the birthday. But this weekend we're racing the Nationwide race on Friday and then of the Cup race on Saturday night. And then we're flying up to Wisconsin to race in an ASA race up there. So I'd be happy to celebrate my birthday with three trophies."