Juan Pablo Montoya and the No. 42 Texaco Havoline Dodge Team Facts: * Standings: Montoya and the Texaco/Havoline team currently sit 19th in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup standings following their 31st place finish at Talladega. Montoya is...
Juan Pablo Montoya and the No. 42 Texaco Havoline Dodge Team Facts:
* Standings: Montoya and the Texaco/Havoline team currently sit 19th in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup standings following their 31st place finish at Talladega. Montoya is only 39 points out of the top 15 and 103 points out of 12th position -- the final transfer position for the Chase for the NEXTEL Cup.
* Chassis: The Texaco/Havoline team has selected chassis #731 for this weekend's race at RIR. The team previously ran this car at Bristol Motor Speedway on March 25 -- finishing 32nd.
* Road Trip: Texaco/Havoline has just made traveling to the race track easier for race fans. Fans can go to www.texacohavoline42.com, click on the link for the road trip and enter their starting location and race destination. In addition to receiving the best route to the track, fans will also get directions to the nearest Xpress Lube and Texaco service stations along the way to make planning their trip to see Montoya easier.
* Updated site: The fan and media site at www.texacohavoline42.com has been revamped for the 2007 season. Media and fans can get up-to-date information on the team, Montoya as well as special features like an exclusive blog from Montoya's spotter Tab Boyd.
* Where's the Rookie?: Right now, Montoya sits second in the NBS Raybestos® Rookie of the Year standings, just two points behind leader David Ragan. He is, however, leading Ragan by four points in the NEXTEL Cup rookie race. So far this season, Montoya has been rookie of the race three times in NEXTEL Cup competition--at Las Vegas, Atlanta and Texas. He has also grabbed rookie of the race honors three times in NBS competition--at Phoenix, Mexico City and Atlanta.
* First Run at RIR: Although Montoya tested at Richmond International Raceway last month (April 3 and 4) with a good majority of his fellow NEXTEL Cup competitors, this upcoming Friday and Saturday night at Richmond will mark Montoya's career-first start at the short track.