McMurray on racing at Richmond International Raceway: "I have a great relationship with Richmond International Raceway thanks to my sponsor, Crown Royal and their entitlement of the race. I've been lucky enough to have done a lot of great things...
McMurray on racing at Richmond International Raceway:
"I have a great relationship with Richmond International Raceway thanks to my sponsor, Crown Royal and their entitlement of the race. I've been lucky enough to have done a lot of great things leading up to the race this weekend along with Crown Royal and Richmond is just a good track to race at. The key to having success at Richmond is obviously being the fastest car as well as making sure you make the most on the restarts. The inside line is the preferred groove to run so a lot of times it gets hard to fight your way forward in the field if lapped cars are running that line. I'm really looking forward to this weekend with our Crown Royal team along with all the exciting two-wide racing you'll see Saturday night."
Crew chief Donnie Wingo on racing at Richmond International Raceway:
"Racing at Richmond is similar to racing at Phoenix and tracks like that because it's just really tight racing there. 99% of the time success at Richmond boils down to track position at the end of the race because it's just so hard to pass. One thing that has helped Richmond recently though, is that the groove has widened out a little bit where you will now see multiple grooves and cars starting to run the top and the bottom, which normally makes for a pretty good race. Before, cars would really only run along the bottom, so this helps with the passing towards the end of the race."
* On Thursday April 30th, McMurray will visit the Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Hospital in Richmond, Virginia along with Russ Friedman, the Grand Marshall and race entitlement winner for Saturday's race at Richmond International Raceway
* In his 12 career Cup series starts at Richmond, McMurray averages a 25.8 starting position and a 27.1 finishing position
* McMurray's best Cup series finish at Richmond is ninth which he accomplished in 2004
* This weekend at Talladega, McMurray will pilot the No. 26 Crown Royal Ford Fusion as Crown Royal presents the Russ Friedman 400 at Richmond International Raceway
* McMurray has achieved two Top-10 finishes in his 12 career Cup series starts at Richmond
* Richmond is one of only three tracks where McMurray has yet to lead a lap -- the others are Atlanta and Las Vegas