Jamie McMurray, No. 42 Texaco/Havoline Dodge Texaco/Havoline Racing Fast Facts: * Chassis: Crew Chief Donnie Wingo and the Texaco/Havoline team are bringing chassis ...
Jamie McMurray, No. 42 Texaco/Havoline Dodge
Texaco/Havoline Racing Fast Facts:
* Chassis: Crew Chief Donnie Wingo and the Texaco/Havoline team are bringing chassis #406 to compete in the Chevy American Revolution 400 at Richmond International Raceway. McMurray and the Texaco/Havoline team finished seventh with chassis #406 last month at Martinsville Speedway. The team also tested with the car last week at Richmond International Raceway.
* McMurray Notes: McMurray heads into Richmond sitting 12th in NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points, only 50 points out of the NASCAR Top 10. McMurray has posted two top-five and six top-10 finishes in the first 10 races of 2004.
* McMurray has two previous NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series starts at Richmond with a best finish of 19th in the 2003 fall race.
* Big Moves in 2004...McMurray and the Texaco/Havoline team are currently sitting 10 places higher in the point standings in comparison to this time last year. McMurray entered Richmond last year sitting 24th in points. He enters Richmond this year 12th in points.
* The Joplin, Mo. native was named the 2003 NASCAR Raybestos Rookie of the Year and posted five top-five and 13 top-10 finishes, along with one Bud Pole Award during the 2003 season. He finished 13th in the final 2003 point standings.
Jamie McMurray Quotes:
Thoughts on Richmond: "Richmond is always a great place to race at. It's fun for a driver because you can race two-wide and get the close contact of short-track racing, but at the same time you are going pretty fast around the 0.75-mile track, so sometimes you don't feel like you're on a short track."
"We tested at Richmond last week and had a pretty good test, so I'm feeling pretty positive about how the Texaco/Havoline Dodge is going to run this weekend. We're taking the same car we ran seventh with at Martinsville earlier this year. It's one of our new short-track cars that has been quick right off the truck."