M&M's Team Notes of Interest * Kyle Busch arrives at Richmond with a season-high eight wins. He has also held the Sprint Cup Series points lead for 16 consecutive weeks, dating back to the season's previous visit to Richmond (5/3/08). * ...
M&M's Team Notes of Interest
* Kyle Busch arrives at Richmond with a season-high eight wins. He has also held the Sprint Cup Series points lead for 16 consecutive weeks, dating back to the season's previous visit to Richmond (5/3/08).
* With his dominating Nationwide Series win last week in California, Kyle stretched his win total to 18 for the season in NASCAR's top three series.
* Kyle has led a total of 1580 laps this season, more than half his career total of 3151 laps.
* The No. 18 team is bringing chassis #186, the same car that Kyle finished second with at Richmond in May of this year.
* Kyle will be available to attending media members in Richmond at the No. 18 M&M's Toyota immediately following his NSCS qualifying attempt.
Busch Quotes for week leading up to the Chevy Rock & Roll 400 at Richmond International Raceway
What is your team's approach to this weekend's race in Richmond?
"We're going out there to try and win the thing. We don't want to wreck or do anything crazy out there. But any spot other than first doesn't mean anything to us. It doesn't matter. We're just going to go out there and do what we always do, work as hard as we can in practice to get ready for the race. Richmond is a tight track sometimes coming off (turn) two and there's always the usual short track kind of racing. There's obviously a lot of guys still trying to get a spot in the Chase, so that'll make it a little crazier out there. But it's a fun track. Should be a good race."
Your stats show that your average finish continues to improve each year of your career. What can you attribute that to?
"I guess it means I'm getting better. I hope I'm getting better. Obviously, this year has been the best year of my career. We've had a lot of wins. The goal is always to win each and every race. But sometimes you just don't have the car for that day or that race, so you just have to take what it gives you. I've always tried to focus on that -- taking what the car will give you. And I guess it's paying off. We're finishing more races and finishing higher. So that's a cool stat to know."