KASEY KAHNE QUOTES On the days following his Richmond win: "It was really exciting. I was happy. I was excited. The team was. I was gone that entire week. I already had commitments, plus the victory we had a lot of media and different things...
KASEY KAHNE QUOTES
On the days following his Richmond win:
"It was really exciting. I was happy. I was excited. The team was. I was gone that entire week. I already had commitments, plus the victory we had a lot of media and different things going on. I was gone. I wasn't able to get back until Friday of the All-Star qualifying that weekend. I just had a lot of fun. Even though I was busy, it was still a lot of fun. It was like a relief more than anything. As busy as I was it wasn't like I was able to have a bunch of fun. Hopefully we get to do it again and have more of a relaxing fun time because of the victory.
"Racing at Richmond is a lot of fun. It's a very competitive track. It's a test for the driver, car and crew. I'm looking forward to Richmond under the lights.
"We've made significant improvements in our short track program in the last 12 months and especially during the off season. It showed at Bristol, Martinsville and, obviously, at Richmond earlier this year. We go to all of the short tracks this year with confidence
STATS & FACTS
KASEY KAHNE AT RICHMOND
* This weekend will mark Kahne's fourth NASCAR Nextel Cup Series start at Richmond. After three starts, Kahne has marked up one pole, one win, one top-five and one top-ten.
* Kahne earned his best career start and finish at Richmond earlier in the season, after starting on the pole and leading 242 laps on his way to victory lane. Kahne earned his first-career NASCAR Nextel Cup Series victory in his 47th career start.
RICHMOND WIN MILESTONES
* Kahne's win was also the first of the season for the new Dodge Charger, which returned this year after a 27-year hiatus from NASCAR's premier series.
* Kahne's win was the sixth win for Evernham Motorsports, marking the fifth consecutive year that an Evernham Dodge has visited victory lane. And most recently, teammate Jeremy Mayfield added to the winning list with a victory at Michigan, bringing the total to seven wins for Evernham Motorsports.
* Kahne became the 11th driver to win from the pole position at Richmond, the last of whom was Bill Elliott who won from the top spot in spring of 1992.
* Kahne also joined an exclusive club of 13 drivers to earn career wins in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck, Busch and Cup series.
* Kahne's pole position at Richmond earlier this year was his second of the year and was 0.003 seconds shy of the track qualifying record.
* Evernham Motorsports Dodges currently hold four track qualifying records on the Nextel Cup circuit, (Kahne -- Las Vegas and Pocono(a), Mayfield -- Dover(a), and Bill Elliott -- Texas).
KAHNE AT CALIFORNIA
* After starting seventh on the grid, Kahne raced within the top-10 for most of the day, finishing out the day in sixth.
GOING OVER THE WALL AT HOME
* No. 9 Dew Crew team member, Kyle Turner from Yorktown, Va. will show off his skills as the rear tire changer for the No. 9 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge Charger at his hometown racetrack this weekend along with fuel man, Rodney Rhodes from Chesapeake, Va.
LAP AFTER LAP
* After competing in only three races at Richmond, Kahne has tallied up a total of 242 laps led out of a possible 1200. That's 20.17% of the time Kahne has been at the top of the board.
* After racing at California, Kahne jumped to the 20th position of the NASCAR Nextel Cup points standings. His points total of 2,592, is 206 points out of the top-15.
EVERNHAM MOTORSPORTS MILESTONES
* Kahne's win, in addition to teammate Jeremy Mayfield's victory at Michigan, marked the first time that Evernham Motorsports teammates had each won a NASCAR Nextel Cup Series race in the same season.