Richmond International Raceway News and Notes * California's No. 36 Camry...The 360 OTC Racing team will utilize chassis No. 09 this weekend at Richmond (Va.) International Raceway. This is the same car Jeremy Mayfield drove at Bristol...
Richmond International Raceway News and Notes
* California's No. 36 Camry...The 360 OTC Racing team will utilize chassis No. 09 this weekend at Richmond (Va.) International Raceway. This is the same car Jeremy Mayfield drove at Bristol (Tenn.) Motor Speedway two weeks ago.
* Mayfield's Career Stats... Mayfield hopes to make his 415th career NASCAR Nextel Cup Series start when he takes the green flag Saturday evening. Mayfield made his first career Cup Series start in October 1993 at Lowe's Motor Speedway and finished 27th (qualified 18th) in his first Cup Series start at Richmond in 1994.
* Mayfield in Richmond...Mayfield has made 25 starts on the .75-mile oval during his Cup Series career and has started inside the top 10 on two occasions. He has also earned seven top-10 finishes and three top-five finishes at the track, including a victory in 2004.
* BDR at RIR...Competitors driving Bill Davis Racing-owned cars have been racing at the Richmond-area track since 1993 and have made 38 starts. Those drivers have posted one top five finish, six top-10 finishes and have completed 14,851 of 15,186 possible laps (97.8 percent). A BDR entry has also sat on the pole in Richmond twice.
* Richmond's Broadcast Schedule...Qualifying for Saturday evening's event is scheduled for Friday, Sept. 7. The 400-lap event is scheduled to start at 7:40 p.m. ET Saturday, Sept. 8, and will broadcast LIVE on ABC (TV), MRN (radio) and Sirius Satellite Radio.
* Two Days of testing...Like many of their Cup Series competitors, Mayfield and the 360 OTC Racing team will spend next Monday and Tuesday testing a Car of Tomorrow (COT) at Talladega (Ala.) Superspeedway.