HAVOLINE TEAM FACTS: * Chassis: The Havoline team will race chassis ...
HAVOLINE TEAM FACTS:
* Chassis: The Havoline team will race chassis #105. Chassis #105 has competed three times during the 2003 season: The Winston, the Coca-Cola 600 and the Pocono 500.
* McMurray finished 22nd at Richmond back in May after running near the front until he experienced engine problems.
* McMurray used his fourth-place finish in the Mountain Dew Southern 500 at Darlington Raceway last weekend to stretch his lead in the Raybestos Rookie-of-the-Year point standings. He owns an 11-point lead over Greg Biffle entering the Chevy Rock & Roll 400 this weekend.
* McMurray enters Richmond International Raceway as one of the hottest drivers on the Winston Cup circuit. In his last five races, McMurray has scored three top-five finishes, including back-to-back finishes of third and fourth respectively (Bristol - 3rd ; Darlington - 4th ).
* McMurray has scored more top-five (five) and top-10 (seven) finishes than any other Raybestos® Rookie this season.
* McMurray comes to Richmond 21st in NASCAR Winston Cup Series points.
* This weekend at Richmond marks the one-year anniversary of the announcement that McMurray would drive the No. 42 Havoline Dodge for Chip Ganassi Racing.
JAMIE MCMURRAY QUOTES:
"I can't wait to get to Richmond. Richmond is a great place to race at. You can race side-by-side and it always seems to provide a great race for the fans. I've had some good races at Richmond, and feel like we're going to have another strong run this weekend."
"The momentum continues to build on the Havoline team and we're coming off two top-five finishes in a row, which creates a lot of excitement on this team. I think we're starting to show just how strong this team is and we're coming up on tracks that we should race really well at, so you should see good things out of the Havoline Dodge."