McMurray on racing at Richmond International Raceway: "We had a great finish when we raced at Richmond earlier this year by finishing seventh, which became the best finish I've had so far at Richmond in the Cup series. The key to having success...
McMurray on racing at Richmond International Raceway:
"We had a great finish when we raced at Richmond earlier this year by finishing seventh, which became the best finish I've had so far at Richmond in the Cup series. The key to having success at Richmond is obviously being the fastest car, as well as making sure you make the most on the restarts. The inside line is the preferred groove to run on, so a lot of times it gets hard to fight your way forward in the field if lapped cars are running that line. I'm really looking forward to this weekend with our Crown Royal team along with all the exciting two-wide racing you'll see Saturday night."
Crew chief Donnie Wingo on racing at Richmond International Raceway:
"Racing at Richmond is similar to racing at Phoenix and tracks like that because it's just really tight racing there. 99 percent of the time, success at Richmond boils down to track position at the end of the race because it's just so hard to pass. One thing that has helped Richmond recently though, is that the groove has widened out a little bit where you will now see multiple grooves and cars starting to run the top and the bottom, which normally makes for a pretty good race. Before, cars would really only run along the bottom, so this helps with the passing towards the end of the race."
* In his 13 career Cup series starts at Richmond, McMurray averages a 25.9 starting position and a 25.5 finishing position
* McMurray's best Cup series finish at Richmond is seventh which he accomplished in May of this year
* McMurray has achieved three top-10 finishes in his 13 career Cup series starts at Richmond
* Richmond is one of only three tracks where McMurray has yet to lead a lap -- the others are Atlanta and Las Vegas
* This weekend at Richmond, McMurray will pilot the No. 26 Crown Royal Ford Fusion
* Entering this weekend's race, McMurray is currently 22nd in the Sprint Cup driver point standings