Texaco/Havoline Team Fast Facts: * Stayin' Alive: Jamie McMurray and the No. 42 Team moved up two positions to 10th in the standings after their eighth-place finish at California Speedway, keeping alive their chances for making the field for the...
Texaco/Havoline Team Fast Facts:
* Stayin' Alive: Jamie McMurray and the No. 42 Team moved up two positions to 10th in the standings after their eighth-place finish at California Speedway, keeping alive their chances for making the field for the 2005 "Chase for the NEXTEL Cup". This weekend's race at Richmond marks the last event before the cutoff, and McMurray and crew are just 10 points behind ninth place, but 11th place only trails them by one point.
* Chassis: Crew Chief Donnie Wingo and the Texaco/Havoline Team have selected chassis #307 for this weekend's race at Richmond International Raceway. This is the same car they tested with at the .75-mile raceway on Sept. 10. This car was also used earlier in the season at Lowe's Motor Speedway.
* On the Right Track: McMurray has two top-10 finishes in his last two starts at Richmond International Raceway. (see stats on reverse side).
* Double Duty: McMurray will be competing in Friday night's Busch Series event to better prepare himself for Saturday's Rock & Roll 400. He will be driving the No. 64 Dodge entry.
* Paint Scheme: The legendary black and red Texaco/Havoline paint scheme with the "The Star" emblazoned on the hood will return to the track this weekend at Richmond.
* Visiting Wounded Troops: McMurray along with a handful of other NASCAR drivers will be visiting patients at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, D.C., on Wed., Sept. 7.
* Relief Efforts: Chevron Corporation (NYSE: CVX) has made a commitment of $5 million to support recovery efforts in the communities affected by Hurricane Katrina. This includes a $3 million contribution to the American Red Cross in support of disaster relief efforts in Louisiana, Mississippi and other affected areas following further analysis of the devastation. The remaining $2 million will go to local charities and relief efforts near Chevron businesses in affected states, as determined by the Company.
Jamie McMurray Quotes:
On Making the Chase:
"There is not too much that can be said about this weekend's race at Richmond. It's down to one race to see which teams will secure one of the final three positions that are still up for grabs, and we're one of those teams. Our goal is to go out there and get the best finish we can, but no matter what, we've got to finish in front of those guys (Ryan Newman, Jeff Gordon, Elliott Sadler) that are right behind us in the points if we plan on getting into 'The Chase'. Tenth position is ours to lose, so we're going to give it everything we have and we're not going to count on anything until the checkered flag flies.
"We had a really positive test at Richmond last week and I feel good about our chances to run strong this weekend because of that. We've had solid performances in the last two races there so I'm very optimistic about the race on Saturday night. It's easy to get caught up in someone else's mess though, so hopefully we'll be able to keep the fenders on the Texaco/Havoline Dodge."