Target Team Facts: * Riding on the "Wild Side": Casey Mears will spend Wednesday with legendary Motley Crue front-man Vince Neil. Mears will show Neil what it takes to drive on the edge at Lowe's Motor Speedway before the...
Target Team Facts:
* Riding on the "Wild Side": Casey Mears will spend Wednesday with legendary Motley Crue front-man Vince Neil. Mears will show Neil what it takes to drive on the edge at Lowe's Motor Speedway before the pair head to the amphitheater two miles down the road for the rock band's "Carnival of Sins" concert. Mears will experience the concert from backstage after a tour of the band's operation.
* Lysol: The rear quarter panels of the Target Dodge will not be sporting the familiar bullseye logos this weekend in Richmond, but instead will carry the Lysol logo. Lysol is an associate sponsor on the No. 41 Dodge and has been part of the Target Racing NASCAR and IndyCar programs for the past four years.
* Richmond Int'l: Casey Mears and the Target Team have competed in five NEXTEL Cup events at Richmond International Raceway. Mears' best finish at the .750-mile track is 28th, which he did in his first Cup event at Richmond in May of 2003 and equaled this past May.
* Chassis: Crew chief Jimmy Elledge and the Target team will compete with chassis #502 in Richmond this weekend. The team has run this chassis three times this season, at Phoenix International Raceway, the race at Richmond in May and most recently in Loudon.
* Standings: Mears and the Target team remain 25th in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup standings after their 32nd-place finish last weekend in California. Mears was running ninth when the bolt broke on the sway bar. It took five laps for the team to repair the No. 41 Dodge.
Casey Mears Quote:
"This track has not been kind to the Target Team," said Mears. "Every time it seemed like things were starting to go our way, something always happened. Last year we were caught up in an incident in the fall, and we broke an upper A-frame in May. We haven't had a clean race at Richmond yet.
"Last weekend we had a solid run going, but the bolt on the sway bar broke while we were running in the top 10. Hopefully this weekend we can start to put some good finishes together before the end of the season. It has been discouraging, but I believe in this team's abilities and we will get after it again this weekend."