Target Team Facts: * Richmond: Richmond International Raceway has not been a lucky track for Mears and the Target Team. In three races at the 0.75-mile track, Mears' best finish is 28th. The Target Dodge spent 15 laps...
Target Team Facts:
* Richmond: Richmond International Raceway has not been a lucky track for Mears and the Target Team. In three races at the 0.75-mile track, Mears' best finish is 28th. The Target Dodge spent 15 laps behind the wall during the May race in 2004 repairing the upper A-frame.
* Championship Standings: For the sixth consecutive week, Mears and the Target Team sit 16th in the NASCAR Nextel Cup standings. While the team has been eliminated as a contender for the "Chase to the Nextel Cup", Mears and the Target Team are still 18 positions better in the standings than in 2003.
* Chassis: Crew chief Jimmy Elledge is bringing chassis #308 to Richmond this weekend for the 26th race of the NASCAR Nextel Cup season. This chassis has been run four times this season at Darlington, Dover, Loudon and most recently, Bristol. Mears' best finish in this chassis is 15th at Darlington.
* Did you know? Mears played football at Stockdale High School in Bakersfield, Calif. while racing as a teen. His high school quarterback was ... David Carr of the Houston Texans. Carr takes to the field for his third professional season in the NFL with the Texans this weekend.
* To access the media guide online for Target, Casey Mears and Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates, visit https://racing.target.com/mediaguide.
Casey Mears Quotes:
On Richmond... "We have qualified really well in the past two races at Richmond," said Mears. "We just can't seem to get a lucky break and get a good finish. We had trouble with the A-frame in the spring race and got caught up in someone else's mess last year.
"We've got off track a little over the past few races. I'm hoping we can recover from the past three races and put together a good finish in the Target Dodge."