Bobby Labonte on racing at Richmond: "Richmond is a fun track. Being a short track with a unique surface and at night, it makes for good racing. You can run three-wide there but it's a short track; kind of a cool combination. I've not actually...
Bobby Labonte on racing at Richmond:
"Richmond is a fun track. Being a short track with a unique surface and at night, it makes for good racing. You can run three-wide there but it's a short track; kind of a cool combination. I've not actually won at Richmond so, of course I'd like to accomplish that this week."
Crew chief Ben Leslie on racing at Richmond:
"Racing in Richmond is never dull. Our goal is to get Bobby in the top-10 this weekend. We've got what I believe to be a solid Ford Fusion for this race. It's been a pleasure working with Bobby so far and I'm really looking forward to having my second start with him at Richmond. It's one of those tracks that is so different than any other we go to. I think we've got a great set up for it and I am excited to see where we end up for the race on Saturday night."
* Bobby Labonte will make his 34th NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start at Richmond International Raceway in Saturday's Rock & Roll 400. The start will mark Labonte's 572nd career Cup start.
* FOR THE RECORD... Labonte has four top-five and 10 top-10 finishes at Richmond in Cup Series competition.
* LAPS... Labonte has completed 13,022 of 13,203 (98.6%) of the laps he has attempted in Cup Series competition at Richmond -- 976.65 miles.
* ON THE TRACK...The No. 96 will sport the black DLP paint scheme this weekend.
* REWIND, RICHMOND, May 2009... Labonte and the No. 96 team finished 31st in the Crown Royal Presents the Russ Friedman 400 at Richmond in May. The effort marked the team's 10th start together in the 2009 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season. Challenging qualifying laps left Labonte 41st for the start of the race. Throughout the 400-lap race No. 96 team concentrated on making adjustments to the car in an effort to improve the handling. Labonte's veteran-style skills kept the No. 96 out of harms way until a late-race spin at lap 344 brought Labonte down pit road for tires and additional adjustments.
* NEXT WEEK... Erik Darnell will be back behind the wheel of the No. 96 Northern Tool + Equipment Ford Fusion next week at Loudon. The start will mark the 26-year-old rookie's second Cup start.