* This Week's Charger... The No. 12 Penske Dodge Charger team will use chassis PRS-707 during Saturday night's NASCAR Cup Series race at Richmond International Raceway (RIR). Brad Keselowski drove this chassis to a 13th-place finish at Bristol ...
* This Week's Charger... The No. 12 Penske Dodge Charger team will use chassis PRS-707 during Saturday night's NASCAR Cup Series race at Richmond International Raceway (RIR). Brad Keselowski drove this chassis to a 13th-place finish at Bristol International Raceway in March.
* No. 12 Penske Dodge in 2010... After nine events, Keselowski and the No. 12 Penske Dodge Charger team currently sit 26th in the Cup Series driver and owner point standings. Keselowski dropped one spot following a late-race incident last Sunday at Talladega Superspeedway.
* Like Father, Like Son... This weekend, Keselowski will attempt to join his father as a winner in one of NASCAR's top-three touring series at RIR. Bob Keselowski took the checkered flag in a NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race in September of 1997 at the track.
* Three Series, One Track... While Keselowski has made only one Cup Series start at RIR in his career, he can use his experience from his other racing endeavors on the D-shaped oval. He finished in the top-five in both Nationwide Series races at the track in 2009. He also made one NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Richmond start in his family-owned entry in 2005, producing a respectable finish of 16th.
Brad Keselowski on Richmond International Raceway
"Richmond is a place where I'm still learning and getting experience in the Cup cars. It's an awesome racetrack and there is a reason that all of the drivers put it on their short list of favorite tracks. I qualified well there last year and I think we'll race well when we go back this weekend. Racing under the lights on a Saturday night at Richmond is some of the most exciting racing of the year. We need a good, solid race to gain the points we lost at the end of the race at Talladega."
Crew chief Jay Guy on preparing for Richmond International Raceway
"Richmond is a fast short track that has a lot of challenges. It almost drives like a speedway because the corner speed is very high. It takes the right balance of having the car turn in the center without giving up forward drive off the corner. Fuel mileage and pit strategy come in to play at times so you need to make sure you stay on top of that throughout the race. Richmond is a track where a driver can make a big difference and I feel that plays into our hands with Brad behind the wheel."