Bobby Labonte on racing at Richmond International Raceway: "Richmond is a fun track. Being a short track with a unique surface and at night, it makes for good racing. You can run three wide there but it's a short track, kind of a cool...
Bobby Labonte on racing at Richmond International Raceway:
"Richmond is a fun track. Being a short track with a unique surface and at night, it makes for good racing. You can run three wide there but it's a short track, kind of a cool combination. I've not actually won at Richmond so, of course I'd like to accomplish that this week. Ben (Leslie) and the guys are putting together a really great package for this weekend. I think that we've hopefully gotten through all the bumps and humps for the season and will finish a solid race this weekend in Richmond.
"We haven't necessarily had luck on our side so far this year. I'd really like to get a top-five this week. I know we're a good enough team to do that and Ben (Leslie) is a good enough crew chief to lead us there so, I'd have to say I'm ready to climb into that car on Friday."
Crew chief Ben Leslie on racing at Richmond International Raceway:
"Racing in Richmond is never dull. I'm looking to get Bobby in the top-10 at the very least this weekend. We've got what I believe to be a solid Ford Fusion. It's been a pleasure working with Bobby so far and I'm really looking forward to having my second start with him in Richmond. It's one of those tracks that is so different than any other we go to. I think we've got a great setup for it and I'm excited to see where we end up on Saturday night."
* The Crown Royal Presents the Russ Friedman 400 will be Labonte's 33rd start at Richmond International Raceway.
* Labonte has not yet won at RIR but has finished in the top-10 31.2 percent of his starts at RIR.
* Labonte has earned four top-five and 10 top-10 finishes at this track along with one pole award (1993).
* This weekend will mark Labonte's 556th start in the Sprint Cup series; his 768th start in a NASCAR sanctioned series.
* Labonte has completed 12,624 of 12,803 possible laps at RIR, a 98.6 percent consistency. He had led 161 of those laps.
* On Friday, May 1, prior to practice and qualifying rounds at Richmond International Raceway, Bobby Labonte will give two deserving fifth graders a ride to school and present Cold Harbor Elementary in Mechanicsville, Va. a $10,000 computer donation on behalf of Ask.com and the Safe Search Schools program. The program -- a partnership between Ask.com, Web Wise Kids and NASCAR -- promotes and rewards safe Internet searching among elementary school students. Greater Richmond-area teachers, parents and students submitted nominations for their school to be recognized as a Safe Search School by visiting www.safesearchschools.com. The school was selected by a Blue Ribbon Panel of experts.